• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

TV antenna

New posts
I have Dish and get local channels Panama City ABC and NBC and PBS out of Tallahassee. I was told by the Dish person we could not get CBS because it was coming out of Alabama, not Florida; is that what you all are saying?
 
In a nutshell, yeah, that's the problem.

Which, in that case, I see no reason Dish couldn't get us WCTV out of Tallahassee. They used to be CBS, and I haven't heard anything about a change. But evidently they are not "local." :idontno:
 
Needing to do something productive on this otherwise lazy Thanksgiving (still stuffed from last night), I decided to rig an external antenna on some pvc pipes and a metal pole. I found the antenna connected to a shed near the house. Removing the antenna from the top of the shed took the most time, as I have only a seven foot ladder and it is a little bent from an incident when I fell off a couple of years ago. I went from picking up only ch 13, out of Panama City, to picking up Ch 2 (not sure from where), Ch 4 out of Dothan, Ch 7 out of Panama City Beach, ch 56 (looks like PBS), in addition to a few mostly static channels on UHF. I still get ch 13, too. In the current position of the antenna (it can move around 360degrees), Ch 4 is crystal clear, almost like watching a dvd. Ch 13, which used to be fairly clear, is now slightly static. I can quickly switch out to the rabbit ears to get ch 13 very clear, but ch 4 is still probably the best reception out of all of the channels.

Go Cowboys -- I haven't seen a football game for a long time.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top