• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Upcoming Destin vacation

New posts
We are all expert swimmers.

I would caution you against making a statement like that. :nono1: You may be an expert swimmer in a Dallas swimming pool but plenty of people have gotten into trouble in these waters, no matter how experienced they are. I think it would be a challenge for your asthmatic son to fight even a mild rip current. Unless a green flag is flying, I suggest you stay close to a lifeguard station.

As for the seashells, I think your best bet is around the sandbars. You can snorkel out there. From what I've seen, most large shells are broken up by the time they get to shore, but you may find some interesting smaller ones.

Good luck & :welcome:
 
"You may be an expert swimmer in a Dallas swimming pool but plenty of people have gotten into trouble in these waters, no matter how experienced they are."

Actually I was a competitive swimmer and diver and life guard, and swam very difficult currents in the rivers skiing (also had a very athletic friend drown so I am aware of the dangers of current) and my husband is an excellent swimmer and sailor. He used to go out into the gulf drunk and turn over sail boats just for fun when he was young and in his teens (yeah and stupid lol). My son I am absolutely am concerned for.

Thanks for the advice!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top