• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Upscale Shopping Center (Destin)

New posts
Cil said:
Sueshore
Maybe you mean the original mall, the one that was torn down in the early 90's? We used to get hot fudge sundaes at the old Woolworth's there.
The ferris wheel toy store does not ring a bell.

I am neither a name-brand person, nor much of a shopper, which is probably just as well for someone moving to Port St Joe. ;-)
I will probably depend on the internet/catalogs quite a bit.

Thansk for the update on CC mall. I'm glad I have my memories of the old place!

My daddy (the famous PawPaw) made a comment yesterday about my shopping habits...."when you go into Target, I never know if you will come out...I do know when you go into NM, you'll be out in a flash!!" He's not far off the mark there!
 
the great thing abouot destin commons vis a vis 30A is that it is close enough to get to, but far enough away that we don't have to look at it or deal with the traffic. that makes it perfect.
 
No offense to anyone but we do not go shopping when we are in SoWal even on a rainy day. When we used to stay down in Destin years ago, we did go to the "outlet" but it was less crowded and we never found any deals we could not find at home. Upscale shopping when at the beach to me is imported beer in bottles at the Tom Thumb on 30-A and some fresh seafood at Goatfeather's II in Seagrove. :cool:

Besides, getting to Destin anytime during the Spring, Summer, Fall season has alot of traffic and if I want that I can just stay here in Atlanta and drive down GA400 to Lenox Square Mall. :cool:

A movie theater closer than Destin for rainy days might be nice but not on 30-A. :idontno:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top