• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Vista Help

New posts
I'm not suggesting that anyone trust Windows 7 -- just saying that we should all pray that it is better than Vista.

Trying to avoid monopoly accusations by the Gov'ts, MS's release of Windows 7 in Germany will reportedly be without IE. Opera (not Oprah), another browser, says that isn't good enough, and they want the Windows 7 release to include all the major players of web browsers so that people can choose which browser to use. Doubt that will happen. I say let them keep IE installed, as long as we have other easy options, such as installing FireFox. That will keep the hackers focusing on the big boys, keeping the other browsers a little more free of hacks.

Didn't France boycot it, also? Seems like I heard that.
 
Ask Mermy to ask Merman. He knows how to correct this permanently, if I remember correctly.
 
I am using a beta version of Windows 7, and IMO it's great. MUCH better than Vista and more savvy that XP.
I'm also using it on a Pentium 4 laptop that had XP, and that laptop runs much faster and more efficient.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top