• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

VRBeware

New posts
After reading about the scams, I started using PayPal for my VRBO rentals. I send out electronic invoices and renters don't have to be a member to pay. Credit card fees are 2.9%, and renters can still pay by check if they qualify through PayPal (protects me).
 
After reading about the scams, I started using PayPal for my VRBO rentals. I send out electronic invoices and renters don't have to be a member to pay. Credit card fees are 2.9%, and renters can still pay by check if they qualify through PayPal (protects me).

Paypal protects no one but Paypal, if you have a problem don't expect anything help from them. I have had horrible experiences with them.
 
I have been getting a lot of inquiries through VRBO lately for my ski property from people coming to 'work' the winter season and asking about monthly rates. Usually they are from Brazil or Mexico or somewhere. Simple reply is that we don't rent monthly during prime season. They are all so similar looking that some I don't even reply at all.
 
I never got that from VRBO but when I used craigslist I got 1 every other day
"greetings, my name is Dr.________ and want to reserve your property for a week in _____. Please tell me the price and my wifes company will send you a check." blablabla
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top