• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton County Planning Department - help wanted

New posts
CiaoBella said:
Sorry that I was not clear...hectic day...I am sure everyone can relate. :blink:

No, I do not have a problem with Mr. Blackshear. Working for the private sector after severing ties with your public employer is not as questionable in my opinion. Especially if the individual is of very high character. I only have a problem with planners who are currently working for a public entity and profit within the private sector.

CiaoBella, I am uncertain the people in question. Are you referring to some County Commissioners? Please explain your stance and name the accused.
 
When you have a revolving door at a county agency this is usually a sign of either very bad management or a sign that you are not paying your employees enough to retain them. When a county serves as a training agency for the private sector, it usually costs the taxpayers more than if they were to pay the employees enough to retain them. However, if the County Commissioners feel that development has become overheated and is really slowing down, then this would be a valid reason to keep a pay cap on the planners because in a few more months they will have a lot less work to do and you will not need so many of them.
 
Please don't further associate Mr. Blackshear with this issue. I know of nothing...have heard of nothing negative related to him.

I have rather not "accuse" anyone. Sunbiz lists corporations & etc.
 
I was confused by the original question as well. Granted, I don't know many of the newer people in the planning office - but of the ones I do know, I don't know anyone who is working for both the public and private sector at the same time.

County Commissioners can, and do, because the elected position does not carry the pay of a full-time job. However, they are required to recuse themselves from any matter which could be a conflict of interest.
 
ShallowsNole said:
I was confused by the original question as well. Granted, I don't know many of the newer people in the planning office - but of the ones I do know, I don't know anyone who is working for both the public and private sector at the same time.

County Commissioners can, and do, because the elected position does not carry the pay of a full-time job. However, they are required to recuse themselves from any matter which could be a conflict of interest.

This may be what CioBella is referring to. For instance, Roe (Comm. Cuchens) did not recuse himself from the White Sand meeting, when he had direct involvement with the jobs on the beach where the sand was being dumped. Just one example of many possible conflicts. I am picking on Commissioner Cuchens, but he is not the only one where conflict of interests occur.

As for Tom Blackshear, I think it is unamious, he is an upstanding gentleman, and he is not associated with any thoughts of conflicts of interest.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top