• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Weird Foods

New posts
Then I won't post all the other recipes she snuck tofu into. I'd love to do a soiree, it's so nice living in an area that uses a word like and knows what a soiree is. :cool:

:biggrin: I imagine there'll be one in the spring.
 
I'm having weird breakfast- drunken noodles, pad thai, thai pepper steak, and fried rice, all mixed together. Leftovers from Big Daddy's BBQ and Thai food in Ft. Walton. I am going back on Thursday if anyone wants to place an order.

I can't tell y'all how awesome this place is--
 
I'm having weird breakfast- drunken noodles, pad thai, thai pepper steak, and fried rice, all mixed together. Leftovers from Big Daddy's BBQ and Thai food in Ft. Walton. I am going back on Thursday if anyone wants to place an order.

I can't tell y'all how awesome this place is--

Now that sounds like MY kind of breakfast!!!! YUMMY!!!!
 
"Ground Meat" was often suspect in my Mom's kitchen also:floor:
For example:
1. In the morning: open the frig & be greeted by a 1/2 thawed long curved whole beef tongue complete w/ taste buds.
2. Later that afternoon: VOILA! Heave extreme breath of relief that the offensive tongue has disappeared. Thrilled for Jingles the Dog who's surely enjoyed a "long tasty" treat.
3. Rut-Ro..."Hamburger" Pizza for supper.
4. Valiant effort to "swallow" the deception!!!:funn:

:floor::floor::floor:
 
:
Fortunately or unfortunately however you want to take it I was raised by a vegetarian so fried bologna was never on the menu. We did however have cottage cheese, molasses, and wheat germ as a desert.

Right before my mother died she passed on the secret to my sister that the ranch dip we had coveted for years and fought over was in fact soft tofu blended to a paste and a packet of hidden valley ranch. Still hate tofu, but love that dip.

Gosh that sounds so healthy! Wonder if you can make onion dip like that too. Sweet story to go along with the recipe, that's even better! :wub: Have you ever had Special K Loaf or Pecan Meal Meatballs in BBQ sauce? :drool: I always make some around Thanksgiving. Both sets of grandparents were 7th Day Adventist. A lot of them are vegetarian too. My youngest gull is too, vegetarian, that is. I get in the mood for vegetarian stuff sometimes. Did ya'll eat that Linda Loma peanut loaf in the can ever? or Links? It even smells healthy. :D :wub:

Sorry you lost your momma so young.:wub:
 
Last edited:
:

Gosh that sounds so healthy! Wonder if you can make onion dip like that too. Sweet story to go along with the recipe, that's even better! :wub: Have you ever had Special K Loaf or Pecan Meal Meatballs in BBQ sauce? :drool: I always make some around Thanksgiving. Both sets of grandparents were 7th Day Adventist. A lot of them are vegetarian too. My youngest gull is too, vegetarian, that is. I get in the mood for vegetarian stuff sometimes. Did ya'll eat that Linda Loma peanut loaf in the can ever? or Links? It even smells healthy. :D :wub:

Sorry you lost your momma so young.:wub:

When I was younger my mom worked for a company that made vegetarian foods. "Healthy" was never I word I used to describe the smell.:blink:
 
:

Gosh that sounds so healthy! Wonder if you can make onion dip like that too. Sweet story to go along with the recipe, that's even better! :wub: Have you ever had Special K Loaf or Pecan Meal Meatballs in BBQ sauce? :drool: I always make some around Thanksgiving. Both sets of grandparents were 7th Day Adventist. A lot of them are vegetarian too. My youngest gull is too, vegetarian, that is. I get in the mood for vegetarian stuff sometimes. Did ya'll eat that Linda Loma peanut loaf in the can ever? or Links? It even smells healthy. :D :wub:

Sorry you lost your momma so young.:wub:

Most any dip you can get in the "packet form" will work. My mom's best friend used to make her grandmothers meat balls specially for her using "grillers tofu burgers" can't remember the brand name. They tasted the same. Thank you for the thoughtful comments, breast cancer is a horrible horrible disease.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top