• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Western Lake open?

New posts
We always see water snakes in Lake Stallworth, but I think they are just water snakes, not water moccasins. The look too skinny to be moccasins to me. Anybody know? We had one living under our deck the whole week we were there last week.
 
Landlocked said:
We always see water snakes in Lake Stallworth, but I think they are just water snakes, not water moccasins. The look too skinny to be moccasins to me. Anybody know? We had one living under our deck the whole week we were there last week.
I could not tell without seeing the snake. I know from first-hand experience that water moccasins are around Lake Stallworth, and other places too. I had some great close up photos taken around Stallworth of a water moccasin about 2.5-3 ft long , but I think I erased them. They will bite, be careful, esp if you don't know what you are playing with.

Found it!
snake.JPG

Fortunately, they would rather eat frogs and lizards rather than people. I did not shoot this one with the .44 Magnum. I shot him with my digital camera. We do not have to kill every potential danger to us.
 
Last edited:
I saw a huge cottonmouth on the trail by the Boathouse in WC last summer, and I thought - "way to go St. Joe - you didn't remove all the real Florida". :clap_1:
 
Well this guy wasn't a cottonmouth. He was about 5 feet long and was no bigger around than your thumb.
 
Landlocked said:
Well this guy wasn't a cottonmouth. He was about 5 feet long and was no bigger around than your thumb.
could have been a black racer -- they are long and skinny, and fast too.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top