• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What's for dinner?

New posts
:biggrin: It will be on my menu!

:clap:...oh my...I have this vision of all your delectable offerings being named after sowallers! Mango's Meat Pasties! :wave:
 
Fried Okra :biggrin: Does anyone ever bake it? :idontno:Probably a little better for ya?
No, and yes it probably is better for you...but it JUST would NOt be the same....;-)
Baby okra slightly cooked in water and sauteed in a tad of butter is delicious! It does not get "mushy" at all and has a wonderful texture and taste.:wub:
 
Just made it...so easy.

1 can eagle brand
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 large can crushed pineapple (drained a little)
9-10 oz. cool whip
2 graham cracker crusts

mix one tbsp lemon juice into eagle brand at a time. blend in pineapple. blend in cool whip. pour into crusts and refrigerate.

And yes, you come on!!

I've made that pie for 20 years! Love it!!
 
:clap::clap::clap:DD!!! The pie sounds great...I think the sorority girls would love it!

I made a beef pie last night (called pasties...yep...thats right)
Pillsbury pie crust...cut in half ...heap inside....small diced Beef, carrots, potatoes and onion...tossed with salt & pepper...dot with a piece of butter and seal the pie crust around the filling. Make slits in the dough & bake 375 degrees for about an hour....this was sooooo good :drool: they can be made hours in advance!
I also took some of the discarded trimmings from the beef and sauteed it in a bit of olive oil & butter along with some onion. Added white and beef broth and simmered for about 1/2 hour. Removed the beef & boiled down to a thick consistency. Added a bit of cream (optional) and served it over the pies...this was a wonderful fall dish!
I want to try this is sound great! You have the best food ideas.:wave:
 
Oh boy, I am starving now!!! Everything sounds good, pasties, pineapple pie...yummy yummy..down the tummy!:idontno:
 
:clap::clap::clap:DD!!! The pie sounds great...I think the sorority girls would love it!

I made a beef pie last night (called pasties...yep...thats right)
Pillsbury pie crust...cut in half ...heap inside....small diced Beef, carrots, potatoes and onion...tossed with salt & pepper...dot with a piece of butter and seal the pie crust around the filling. Make slits in the dough & bake 375 degrees for about an hour....this was sooooo good :drool: they can be made hours in advance!
I also took some of the discarded trimmings from the beef and sauteed it in a bit of olive oil & butter along with some onion. Added white and beef broth and simmered for about 1/2 hour. Removed the beef & boiled down to a thick consistency. Added a bit of cream (optional) and served it over the pies...this was a wonderful fall dish!
ok, like I said on the other thread, I got some pie crust today, can I use ground chuck ???
 
ok, like I said on the other thread, I got some pie crust today, can I use ground chuck ???
I don't see why not! I hope you enjoy it!!! Let us know! :wave: ( I saw a recipe the other day that calls for ground beef and ground pork :D)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top