• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Where To Buy Bait??

New posts

DAWGFISH

Beach Comber
We Are Coming Down To Seagrove Beach In A Couple Of Weeks, And I Was Wondering Where You Could Buy Live Shrimp To Do Some Surf Fishing With.
 
I saw a place on the north side of the 331 bridge that sold live bait. I know they have bull minnows but not sure about shrimp. The place looks like a restaurant but it has a bait place out back. Someone else here may know a better place.
 
Landlock did you buy bait at the 331 location last week? I though they were closed. Yellowfin in Grayton Beach sells frozen shrimp and other bait. But, I can not think of any one in our area that sells live shrimp unless you are go into Destin.
 
That's Dave and Chana at Beach Island Cafe and Live Bait. Neil runs the bait side, he opens around 5am and is there until 10ish. Usually have live shrimp, bull minnows, pins, and frozen bait, as well as the scoop on hot spots. They are real good people, and the Cafe is buffet style, good food. (No, one is not a supply source for the other :) ) It's about 2 miles north of the 331 bridge. Bait shop monitors VHF 12.
 
Thanks Chriv- for the information. Are you still have good luck catching trout and redfish on the bay? Seems to have slowed down a little in Hogtown bayou at least for me.

the hutch
 
Hutch,

I've been working too much the last two weeks, no fishing for me. Last time I went, trout were active in the am on the flats, then moved into deeper channels. Flounder were HOT, hitting everything! Reds were hit or miss, but hanging around the currents. My crab traps have been filling up nicely lately, making for some good crab boils. I will be out on the water this w/e, so hopefully the fish'll cooperate. Look for my redfisher and holler at me!
 
Yes I am :)
 
Hi Dawgfish - My husband buys shrimp and squid at Tom Thumb on 30-A in Seagrove. Have a good trip!

DAWGFISH said:
We Are Coming Down To Seagrove Beach In A Couple Of Weeks, And I Was Wondering Where You Could Buy Live Shrimp To Do Some Surf Fishing With.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top