• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

2009 Bookings

New posts
Is their 40% worth it compared to other agency's who might charge a lower rate?

Such a good question. We have only used WC to manage our place since 2002, so I have nothing to compare it to. What I can tell you is, that as an out of town owner it has been worth the extra % to us for the peace of mind.
 
Interesting discussion! I'd be interested to know how that cash flow works out with a management company in the mix. I do my own cash flow and income statements every year, and if I had to pay a managment company, they'd make more on the rental than I would as the owner, which just seems wrong! But maybe they provide services to lower the other costs....I don't want to hijack this thread, so I will start another on the services of mgmt companies, since I really have no idea what it is they provide for their 40% slice.

In reply to the original thread, we have about 1/4 of our expected 2009 bookings so far, which is pretty early for us, but I do have to say we have repeats from last year for some of that.

Welcome aboard, DAF! :welcome:
 
I was with WC rental program but now with VRBO (and much happier)

My rentals are down for the upcoming season and a lot of bargain hunters. Been asked to significantly lower my rate. Have not jumped on those as of yet. Others getting similar requests?
 
Bookings are right on pace with last year, which was our best ever. Bookings did start off slower, but have really taken off in February. No rate increase. Traditional discounts to returning guests depending on the number of years returning. Lots of discount requests, most are not even reasonable enough to consider, none given. Would consider major discounts on last minute bookings if the week was available, but not too many summer weeks left.

We self manage, book and advertise. Actually a lot less stressful as well as less expensive.
 
Bookings are right on pace with last year, which was our best ever. Bookings did start off slower, but have really taken off in February. No rate increase. Traditional discounts to returning guests depending on the number of years returning. Lots of discount requests, most are not even reasonable enough to consider, none given. Would consider major discounts on last minute bookings if the week was available, but not too many summer weeks left.

We self manage, book and advertise. Actually a lot less stressful as well as less expensive.

Our philosophy runs along the same lines as you. So many people are asking for discounts this year! I feel so magnanimous when I offer them, like Lady Bountiful. :lol:
 
Most of our guests want to rent our home for a week-and-a-half, especially the return guests. It has been quite a puzzle, but it is working out. For example, we normally are there for a week in June. But to accommodate a previous guest who wanted the house for longer than a week, we'll have half a week in June. That's great news in this economy!

Normally our July rentals don't come in until early April. And then it fills up very quickly.
 
Last edited:
I admit that I don't regularly check with WC to see if we are rented, but I did check the other day to see about the week before Easter...get this...we are NOT rented, yet! :blink: WC told me they are still booking that week, so it may change. Other than that weird blip, we have had a good season. I am shocked, but I'll get over it if it means we can come earlier than planned. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top