• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

2016 Superintendent Candidate

New posts
Ms. Porter Johnson lacks credentials that are desirable but Florida law is lacking in statutory requirements for the job. But when I voted for her in the primary, I was voting against Anderson. I would have voted for a high school dropout dimwit if I thought such a candidate was honest.
 
Looking forward to seeing J P Nettles, Mike Jones, Bob Hudson

and Bob Well's names on the upcoming ballot for Walton superintendent

or are you disqualified because you were interetsed or involved in the election like you the Johnson lady was?
 
Looking forward to seeing J P Nettles, Mike Jones, Bob Hudson and Bob Well's names on the upcoming ballot for Walton superintendent or are you disqualified because you were interetsed or involved in the election like you the Johnson lady was?

I've run for County wide office before - got the T-shirt and old campaign signs to prove it. Said it in 2008 and nothing has changed - I'll never run for a county wide office again - I still wake up in a sweat some nights.

I've served on a School board for two terms ( hired two Supt. in that span ) currently serve in a elected position, managed a accounting department with 90 CPA's for a National Company and run a family business.

Saying that - I do not feel that I'm qualified and love serving where I currently serve.
 
Looking forward to seeing J P Nettles, Mike Jones, Bob Hudson

and Bob Well's names on the upcoming ballot for Walton superintendent

or are you disqualified because you were interetsed or involved in the election like you the Johnson lady was?

I participate in the process of electing candidates in my county and no I am not qualified for the office of superintendent. I voted for Ms Porter Johnson in the Primary but did vote for the Democrat in the General Election.
 
I have a college degree but I don't feel qualified to run and besides I don't believe in begging people for money to run a campaign.
 
I was disappointed that the referendum did not pass, it would have been a good thing for the county's school system. But I honestly think it was even more disappointing that there was such low voter turn out. Apparently the majority of registered voters in this county just don't give a crap about who or what goes on here. This is just my opinion, but anyone who does not bother to exercise their freedom to vote does not understand patriotism.
 
Do you know how many registered voters in Walton County are only registered here to maintain residency and homestead status? Believe me the GOP knows and makes sure those folks get their absentee ballot.
 
The super intendant should care about the children's education most of all, that ties in the financial qualifications. The "Good ole boys" thought they were going to always run Freeport but that was proved differently a few years back when Mayor Barley ran against Mayor Marse in Freeports Mayoral election but found out people were sick of the"Good ole boys" and he was voted out by well over 150 votes in favor of Mayor Barley. Money can't nuy everything and WON'T. It all depends on the persons experience and qualifications and compassion towards children and their educational and socioeconomic needs. One that will put our children ahead of their own personal needs and wants. This woman seems selfish, conniving and definitely not someone I want to be In control of my grandchildrens future education. There are so many factors to consider when voting fort this position not just their financial experiences, as that is one that needs to be considered it is not the only one.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top