Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
I will say this, when the economy turns back around, and all of the foreclosures are sold off, and rental homes are more difficult to find, a good apartment complex should work very well in this area, since there are none. I just don't think that demand will happen in the next two-three years. I may be wrong. I'm very familiar with that location, and I'm sure some of the single-family home neighbors will not like an apartment complex on the property which some think of as an estuary, not to be confused with the SubDivision, The Estuary, just to the east. As noted, being close to the high school, the library, the college, dog park, etc, could be a helpful thing to entice people to rent there.
Someone has been piling up dirt along the southern side of Cedar St (maybe the State, for road construction), on this property, on land which used to be nicely treed. I'm sure the one or two homeowners on Cedar St already hate to look across the street at that 20ft pile of black dirt every day. It is rather an eyesore. Put 500-ish people across the street, and that quiet neighborhood, suddenly, isn't very quiet.
Someone has been piling up dirt along the southern side of Cedar St (maybe the State, for road construction), on this property, on land which used to be nicely treed. I'm sure the one or two homeowners on Cedar St already hate to look across the street at that 20ft pile of black dirt every day. It is rather an eyesore. Put 500-ish people across the street, and that quiet neighborhood, suddenly, isn't very quiet.