• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

261 + apartment complex on 331

New posts
If you want to fight it and it is not zoned for such a development, I know how. My husband and I successfully led a fight against a high-density and incompatible development next door to our property.

I feel sorry for the owner. He has lost a lot of money. But if he had won, it would have destroyed the character of our neighborhood.
 
just to be clear

I work in the home cleaning industry , but I have made a long term commitment to the community we purchased our home in 2000 and pay our taxes and our children attend the local schools . Single family homes are one thing this is a different creature ....:bang:.... please attend the hearing
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the idea of apartments or the density that you object to?

261 units on 44 acres is just under 6 units an acre, making it only slightly more dense than single family homes on 1/4 acre lots.
 
Is it the idea of apartments or the density that you object to?

261 units on 44 acres is just under 6 units an acre, making it only slightly more dense than single family homes on 1/4 acre lots.

This also sounds like upscale housing, not HUD or Section 8 housing. I believe that the OP's are afraid they'll wind up with that thing that San Destin uses. I seriously doubt that a developer is going to build high end apartments and then give up and go for welfare checks.

The other thing to consider is retirees. Many like to rent in apartment complexes such as this due to lack of maintenance costs and the general outside upkeep. I don't think anyone can produce proof of a retirement community being the source of noise complaints.

is this any different than the original post of this thread? you created a login for this?

They've just figured out like other one issue posters that they can generate what looks like support by registering multiple different names. Once this is over with I doubt we'll hear from either again.
 
User accounts merged. BE AWARE has been deleted. Sock puppets are not allowed.

Neither is spam. Neither is cross posting. This is your final warning. You may find some support if you take a reasonable approach, tell us why you are opposed, and ask for help. Registering for a specific issue for your first post in this community under names like "Need Help" and "BE AWARE" is a little too alarmist right off the bat to gain sympathy. Try a softer approach and you may find help.
 
User accounts merged. BE AWARE has been deleted. Sock puppets are not allowed.

Neither is spam. Neither is cross posting. This is your final warning. You may find some support if you take a reasonable approach, tell us why you are opposed, and ask for help. Registering for a specific issue for your first post in this community under names like "Need Help" and "BE AWARE" is a little too alarmist right off the bat to gain sympathy. Try a softer approach and you may find help.

Good catch. I don't know how you keep up with it all.
 
Seeing 400ish cars trying to get out of that street onto a four lane, when it's time to go to work, will be rather crazy, even with a traffic light.
 
...seems there's a bit of a delinquent tax issue with this property--do they really deserve to use the services of our county offices seeing they aren't paying their share of the price of admission?

.

It'll be paid with interest I guarantee it. Fair enough?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top