• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

261 + apartment complex on 331

New posts
I can't even post intelligently on this.

Where does the spokesman think these people are going to come from? If that target market was here, they would already be here, and not in apartment-style housing.

Perhaps it will be the dormitories for the new branch of NWFSC.
 
It'll be paid with interest I guarantee it. Fair enough?

...no not fair enough--they shouldn't even be given consideration whilst the taxes are delinquent....makes one wonder why they didn't (or couldn't) pay it when it was due. As I see it, they're just another crop of dead-beat developers.

de?lin?quent (d-lngkwnt, -ln-)
adj.
1. Failing to do what law or duty requires.
2. Overdue in payment: a delinquent account.
 
Last edited:
not looking for sympathy , just want people to know this developer does not seem to have the communities best interest at heart not trying to alarm anyone . We moved here for the peace and quite , the beautiful surroundings not to live behind an apartment complex , there are so many other places they could build that can support the traffic , among many other issues .... that is why we are urging people to attend the hearing see for yourselves . Thank you again for your time
 
Last edited by a moderator:
not looking for sympathy , just want people to know this developer does not seem to have the communities best interest at heart not trying to alarm anyone . We moved here for the peace and quite , the beautiful surroundings not to live behind an apartment complex , there are so many other places they could build that can support the traffic , among many other issues .... that is why we are urging people to attend the hearing see for yourselves . Thank you again for your time

I think the best piece of advice came from SHELLY. If the developer doesn't have a canceled check for all past and current taxes due then they shouldn't even be heard at the hearing on the 27th. I believe if even one person voiced concern over their delinquency the BCC might actually wake up and realize that it shouldn't even be heard.
 
Just someone elese who did not do reserch on what could be built around their property when they purchased it. Did they think the woods would stay that way for ever? If they are not asking for a change in property class and it is allowed under the current zoning then they should be allowed to build it. Maybe plant trees or leave a buffer to the neighbors so they do not see them. (Which is required in the code anyways)
 
Just to be clear, I have no opinion on this particular project. But I do find Shallows Nole and Creeklover's comments interesting. Shallows Nole is quite right, IMHO. If I can paraphrase, the days of "build it and they will come" are over, if in fact they ever really existed except in developers' dreams. SoWal is littered with failed projects that never did any market research. On the other hand, Creeklover seems of the opinion that if the code allows it, just go ahead and approve it. Probably rightly so that it is not within the purview of the county code to consider the chances of success of the project, but what about the potential lender(s)? Since they regularly dropped the ball just about everywhere and the community gets stuck with the fallout, seems quite the dilemma. And what about all those letters of credit floating around the county planning dept.? And all the liens Regional Utilities has recently placed?
Note to Shelly: I don't think there is anything in the code regarding the status of the property taxes, so I would be very surprised indeed to see the BCC refuse to consider it on that grounds. They would be inviting a lawsuit from a lawyer who takes Creeklover's view - if it meets the code, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
 
If it does meet the code and it is not allowed with out a good reason then here comes the lawsuits any ways. Just look at Jolly Bay.
As for the letter of credits the county needs to cash in on them before all of the banks go belly up.......
 
I think the best piece of advice came from SHELLY. If the developer doesn't have a canceled check for all past and current taxes due then they shouldn't even be heard at the hearing on the 27th. I believe if even one person voiced concern over their delinquency the BCC might actually wake up and realize that it shouldn't even be heard.


Are you advocating a total denial of services if someone does not pay their ad valorem taxes? I thought planning was funded as much, if not more, by fees. Property taxes do not fund the complete county operation, only around a 1/3 I believe.
 
not looking for sympathy , just want people to know this developer does not seem to have the communities best interest at heart not trying to alarm anyone . We moved here for the peace and quite , the beautiful surroundings not to live behind an apartment complex , there are so many other places they could build that can support the traffic , among many other issues .... that is why we are urging people to attend the hearing see for yourselves . Thank you again for your time


I, like you, moved to my current location for peace and quiet more than anything else. That is why my house sits in the middle of thirty acres, so no one else can build within the proximity of my home and disturb me.

Personally, I think it is a bit short-sighted for the number of people to constantly come forward objecting to projects and developments that are coming up because it is going to disturb their peace and quiet. If you do not want the other land developed, buy it. Or move into a restricted subdivision. But to ask for sympathy because others are developing their property?

Again, I guess I just do not understand.
 
Last edited:
...no not fair enough--they shouldn't even be given consideration whilst the taxes are delinquent....makes one wonder why they didn't (or couldn't) pay it when it was due. As I see it, they're just another crop of dead-beat developers.

de?lin?quent (d-lngkwnt, -ln-)
adj.
1. Failing to do what law or duty requires.
2. Overdue in payment: a delinquent account.

I should have checked to see if there had been a certificate issued first.

You probably know that there are 10,000's of retired Americans who like the financial arrangement of paying down property taxes for other landowners. It is the purest and most securitized finance arrangement in the U.S. today.

Once the certificate is issued, the property taxes are paid with interest to the taxing authority. The County/State are getting exactly the return they desire on their portfolio.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top