• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

261 + apartment complex on 331

New posts
Are you advocating a total denial of services if someone does not pay their ad valorem taxes? I thought planning was funded as much, if not more, by fees. Property taxes do not fund the complete county operation, only around a 1/3 I believe.

No, but logic dictates that if they can't pay their property taxes how are they going to come up with the money to build this project?
 
No, but logic dictates that if they can't pay their property taxes how are they going to come up with the money to build this project?


An interesting leap to a conclusion. How do you know that they can't pay their property taxes instead of that they have chosen not to pay their property taxes?
 
But don't past due property taxes have first priority over other liens on a property? If so, I suspect that banks and lenders are going to be far more reluctant to lend to companies with a history of letting the taxes slide given current market conditions.
 
But don't past due property taxes have first priority over other liens on a property? If so, I suspect that banks and lenders are going to be far more reluctant to lend to companies with a history of letting the taxes slide given current market conditions.

Property Tax Certificates have super priority over every other encumbrance. There is no other investment vehicle that I have ever heard of that has more rate of return and security combined. It's just a line on the HUD 1.
 
...
Personally, I think it is a bit short-sighted for the number of people to constantly come forward objecting to projects and developments that are coming up because it is going to disturb their peace and quiet. If you do not want the other land developed, buy it. Or move into a restricted subdivision. But to ask for sympathy because others are developing their property?

Again, I guess I just do not understand.

How will moving into a restricted subdivision, keep adjacent large tracks from being developed? :idontno:
 
How? Restrictions are for only the particular subdivision with the C&Rs, not the adjacent 40 acre parcel.


Move into a larger subdivision. I guess when I think of restricted gated communities I am thinking of Sandestin and larger places like that. Thinking about it there are not many of that size in south Walton. My parents have retired in Sarasota and massive gated communities are the norm from what I see when I am in the area.
 
Thanks for the input

Since this has been posted, I have gained additional insight, and would like to thank all whom have responded. A retirement community would be well received. Ultimately
?What will be will be ?. We want fair and reasonable priced housing for the community.
[FONT=&quot]But we are also concerned about the environmental impact and traffic and the lack of current employment for many. We do wish the developer success in hopes that if this goes forward they will keep some perspective for the people it directly impacts[/FONT]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top