• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

261 + apartment complex on 331

New posts
Move into a larger subdivision. I guess when I think of restricted gated communities I am thinking of Sandestin and larger places like that. Thinking about it there are not many of that size in south Walton. My parents have retired in Sarasota and massive gated communities are the norm from what I see when I am in the area.

Restricted subdivsions in South Walton are all over the place, and I'd bet that most are less than 40 acres, nothing like Sandestin. You don't need gates to have restrictions, and the properties on the border of the restricted subdivision still sees and hears the neighbors. If you don't believe me, drive down Mack Bayou Rd and look at some of the houses backing up to those in Sandestin.
 
An interesting leap to a conclusion. How do you know that they can't pay their property taxes instead of that they have chosen not to pay their property taxes?

How am I leaping? I know that they can't/won't pay their property taxes based on what is on the Walton Co. Tax Collectors site. If the surrounding neighbors really want to stop this thing they could always pay the property taxes and then place a lein on the property.
 
How am I leaping? I know that they can't/won't pay their property taxes based on what is on the Walton Co. Tax Collectors site. If the surrounding neighbors really want to stop this thing they could always pay the property taxes and then place a lein on the property.

That won't stop development, but the certificate holders can redeem them and own the property. That'll guarantee success at exercisig control over the property.
 
Redeeming a tax certificate doesn?t guarantee that the certificate holder will receive title to the land. All that redemption does is trigger a process under which the property is put up for auction. The minimum bid is the face amount of all tax certificates outstanding plus accrued interest and other costs. The highest bid on the courthouse steps will win title to the land.
 
How am I leaping? I know that they can't/won't pay their property taxes based on what is on the Walton Co. Tax Collectors site. If the surrounding neighbors really want to stop this thing they could always pay the property taxes and then place a lein on the property.


Actually, from what I have been told, just go and file a code violation against the property the day before or of the commission meeting. I have been told, on more than one occasion, that planning will not move a project through a meeting with an open case.

As for the can't/won't issue. The words have different meanings. You used only one of them in your first statement.
 
If they are in violation of Code, that might prevent the Planning Comm from listening to the case at that time. However, with only a report of Code violation, Planning Comm won't likely stop anything.
 
Redeeming a tax certificate doesn?t guarantee that the certificate holder will receive title to the land. All that redemption does is trigger a process under which the property is put up for auction. The minimum bid is the face amount of all tax certificates outstanding plus accrued interest and other costs. The highest bid on the courthouse steps will win title to the land.

If someone pays the tax, gains a certificate and enforces it by sale who can jump in front of that person?
 
The owner has outstanding taxes on all of her properties. I bet we will see many more people with outstanding 2008 property taxes, when April rolls around.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top