• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

30A boarding

New posts

dragonfly1

Beach Lover
I want to bring my dog, Bailey, with me to the beach this summer....However, the house we rent is not pet friendly. Where would be a good place to board him close to 30a Seagrove area...close enough for me to check on him and of course where he will be treated like the Prince that he is!!!!!!!!!!
 
I want to bring my dog, Bailey, with me to the beach this summer....However, the house we rent is not pet friendly. Where would be a good place to board him close to 30a Seagrove area...close enough for me to check on him and of course where he will be treated like the Prince that he is!!!!!!!!!!

You just seem to be having all kinds of trouble, from restaurants to ... I can't remember what else you were lamenting about on another thread. Suggest you rent where dogs are allowed. I see lots of renters and guests here in South Walton with their dogs. Good luck. Hope someone can help you with a pet boarder or you make adjustments in your housing plans to benefit your pet.
 
Boarding your dog for the summer is not fair to it.No matter how well your dog is taken care of, it will be stressful for your pet.My advice as a dog owner is to reconsider the well being of your Prince.
I want to bring my dog, Bailey, with me to the beach this summer....However, the house we rent is not pet friendly. Where would be a good place to board him close to 30a Seagrove area...close enough for me to check on him and of course where he will be treated like the Prince that he is!!!!!!!!!!
 
It's one thing to board your baby for a few days, but for the summer? That's just too long. Besides, there really isn't a place around here that I'd recommend for that length of time. There are many good, quality, pet friendly homes in SoWal for you to choose from. Good luck.
 
If you will only be here for a week or so, instead of all summer, we board our Lab at Emerald Coast Kennels when we go out of town. We have known the owners for years, and Daisy seems to enjoy being there.
 
I'm thinking the writer did not mean "all" summer, but rather only a week or so this summer. When I do, I board at Emerald Coast Kennels near St. Rita's Catholic Church. Clean place, nice runs and exercise/play area, and nice people.
 
I'm thinking the writer did not mean "all" summer, but rather only a week or so this summer. When I do, I board at Emerald Coast Kennels near St. Rita's Catholic Church. Clean place, nice runs and exercise/play area, and nice people.

Our 2 dogs and the cat/dog spent 5 days at Emerald Coast kennel last week- they do well, and the people are wonderful!:clap:
 
never happy leaving pets behind

I have never had a good experience with boarding my dogs. Once, despite paying for inoculations, the dogs came home with kennel cough. They were treated pro bono, but...were they actually vaccinated or were they gambling with my dogs' health?
Another time, after research, a visit and questions, I chose a kennel, that told me the dogs would be taken out, of a inside/outside run, to a secure outdoor play area, on a daily basis. Well, after 7 days, I arrived to pick up my pets and they were in the process of being groomed. The technician (one of whom was responsible for taking the dogs out) looked up and said " I just noticed this dog only has 3 legs. A physical attribute, hard to miss.
So, if I can't take them with me or can't get a familiar friend to dogsit, I don't go.
Not only is it stressful for the dogs, it is extremely stressful for me!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top