• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

30A needs a face lift

New posts
I don't know why the DOT doesn't seem to monitor that road. Is 30A a County Road, rather than a State Road? I'm not sure. While on the subject, have you also noticed that on the stretch of 30 in Blue Mtn around The Pines, there is a bike path shoulder on the road, but only along the eastern path. There is no bike lane if you are heading west. (I'm not talking about the multi-use path, which is often incorrectly noted as the "bike path."). Interestingly, along the length of 30A, that area is the only place I have seen a bike ln on the shoulder of the road, and why it is only on one side, I have no idea.


30-A is a county road.
 
joho, you are exactly right. I have thought the same thing about the markings on 30A from 393 to 83. They are badly in need of repainting. I don't have a clue as to who should be contacted to alliviate this situation but you are definitely correct when you say it is dangerous especially around the bridge on the bike path across Draper Lake. Anyone, any suggestions?
 
I think all paved public roads have to meet DOT requirements and standards, but the County designation for the road, means that the County would be responsible for maintaining the road, including striping and paving. I'm not sure about the maintenance of traffic/safety signs, but think that the County would also be responsible for maintaining those. The Public Works Dept would handle it. That area is in Commissioner Meadows district and her office can provide you with the appropriate people to contact.
 
Last edited:
I think all paved public roads have to meet DOT requirements and standards, but the County designation for the road, means that the County would be responsible for maintaining the road, including striping and paving. I'm not sure about the maintenance of traffic/safety signs, but think that the County would also be responsible for maintaining those. The Public Works Dept would handle it. That area is in Commissioner Meadows district and her office can provide you with the appropriate people to contact.

In the timeline of events, I would like to see the DOT requirement/rule/statute/whatever it is..they used. I will see if I can run this down tomorrow. From what I know, there are different rules for different classifications of roads.
 
istockphoto_90461_paint_bucket_2.jpg
57602.gif


Go for it!
 
If my memory serves me correctly I remember years ago hearing 30A doesn't even comply with county code regarding the width.
That makes having the strips visible even more important. :eek:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top