• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

30A Pedestrian Path

New posts

Autigr89

Beach Comber
I just got done with my daily use of the pedestrian path, and I encourage folks to reach out to the county commissioners about the safety of the path. For quite some time I have used the path and have watched it decline over the years.

From use of the contractors building homes to the vendors delivering to stores the pedi path gets a lot of use, and needs to be maintained as well as repaired. The path: has roots growing through, cracks from freezing and thawing, sand from local streets, trucks that use it as parking, folks that use is as a parking lot, as well as many other functions like walking, running and biking. I am one of those folks that has an eliptigo as well as a regular bike, I tend to use the path and not the road when I can. However, with the decline of the pedi path I find myself using the road more and more trying not to wreck, or break my bikes.

In conclusion, please help by writing or calling our county commissioners as well as the TDC, so our path can get some much needed attention, thanks.
 
I've heard others talk about parts of the bike path becoming hazardous due to holes, etc. Thanks for your post. Please contact Walton County TDC directly to report specific areas.

[TABLE="class: uiGrid _51mz contactInfoTable, width: 300"]
[TR="class: _51mx"]
[TD="class: _51m- vTop phs pbs"]Phone[/TD]
[TD="class: _51m- vTop phs pbs _51mw"](850) 267-1216[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: _51mx"]
[TD="class: _51m- vTop phs pbs"]Email[/TD]
[TD="class: _51m- vTop phs pbs _51mw"]info@visitsouthwalton.com[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
The timpoochee trail is a unique feature here. Very sad it's underutilized by bikers and pedestrians and over utilized by inappropriate activity. Needs some maintenance. Bed tax!
 
One of the local landscaper/maintenance companies took over maintenance. So far I've seen them clearing some of the sediment in areas, but I'm wondering if they are tasked with repairing areas that are beyond maintenance?
 
The timpoochee trail is a unique feature here. Very sad it's underutilized by bikers and pedestrians and over utilized by inappropriate activity. Needs some maintenance. Bed tax!

from what I see every day it's very much used by walkers and runners and bikers... and yes, I do see motorized scooters and such - totally inappropriate.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top