• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

331 bridge Construction

New posts
When you have unused space, as would be the case with the bridge, utilize it as best you can. That is exactly what they plan to do with the space beneath the bridge.
 
I think money spent on improving facilities that are used primarily by residents is money well spent. Part of encouraging economic development is showing companies that an area provides recreational opportunities for its citizens.
 
When you have unused space, as would be the case with the bridge, utilize it as best you can. That is exactly what they plan to do with the space beneath the bridge.

Exactly, one of best qualities of space beneath a bridge is the protection from the elements that is already in place. It would be foolish not utilize it.
 
All this at taxpayer expense...wow I'm impressed. NOT!

I admit the bridge needed to be expanded and the road 4 laned...but the rest is overkill in my opinion.

How else does a public works project get financed? The boat launches are sorely need and I think it is Ingenious to incorporate them into the bridge construction.
 
How else does a public works project get financed? The boat launches are sorely need and I think it is Ingenious to incorporate them into the bridge construction.

Most people who live in the South end think anything that enhances their way of life (even at taxpayer expense) is good for all of us.
 
Most people who live in the South end think anything that enhances their way of life (even at taxpayer expense) is good for all of us.

I believe this kind of project is for everyone. This project is one of the only real enhancements we've seen in many years that provides recreational facilities on the bay or anywhere, for everyone. It's quite impressive. Financed by FDOT as well as Walton County.
 
The North vs. South attitude helps no one nor does it accomplish what we need for Walton County overall.
 
Remember that Andy when the talk about incorporation comes up again.

I don't agree that it's good for all of us.

It's that simple.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top