• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

331 Freeport Bypass Jan 23!!!

New posts

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
I'm not the WalCo PIO, but we just got the announcement from him...the bypass will be open next Wednesday afternoon (Jan 23). :clap::leaving::cool:

There is to be a ribbon-cutting ceremony mid-morning.

Yippee!
 
That is the word on the street. I heard it at the annex, yesterday, so I am wondering why it takes so long for word to travel around the annex.
 
What is the schedule on the portion from 20 south to the bridge? Is that next? I heard from a business on that stretch that they had a bout a year to vacate.
 
I believe that section is on the 5 year priority list, whatever that means. The County wanted to go ahead and buy the property to begin the process. Not sure where they stand with that, but it appears that much of the land being taken is already marked off.
 
What is the schedule on the portion from 20 south to the bridge? Is that next? I heard from a business on that stretch that they had a bout a year to vacate.

I have a commercial peice on 331 south and just heard from my lawyer that we will be getting an offer any day! :biggrin: We were told awhile back that it may not happen due to a shortage of money.... This is good news!
 
This is great news. Now if they can just find a way to bypass Florala/Paxton and Defunk, we'll be in bidness!
 
That is the word on the street. I heard it at the annex, yesterday, so I am wondering why it takes so long for word to travel around the annex.

If you heard it at the planning/BCC end of the building (south), the basic reason is that the only contact my office has with them is when we raid their snack machine, or they come down to record something. I thought I heard it on WZEP yesterday too, but the "official" announcement came as a broadcast e-mail from DeFuniak this morning.
 
Well, heck. Seems I was too busy working and/or watching the SoWal Seahawks whip up on PDL in hoops to catch that. Remember, we are just employees and not news-worthy.
 
The new section of Hwy 331, in Freeport, scheduled to open tomorrow, Jan 23

The new section of Hwy 331, in Freeport, scheduled to open tomorrow, Jan 23.

Should make traffic much easier for everyone passing through Freeport.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top