• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

331 will close..........

New posts

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Well folks it's with a lot of sadness that i anounce the closure of the 331
And the sea bar, the 331 highway will get wider and to do so our parking lot is
In the way so basicly they are taking the restaurant with it.
When is the unknown so people enjoy it while it last because it's a matter of Time,you all can imagine how though of a position we're in .
Thank you very much for the support and we are looking for to see you out There soon
Oli,Phil and the staff
 
Sadly, all comes to pass. Especially around here. :(

I knew it would happen when you opened, I thought it would be quite a few more years though. Please keep us updated.
 
:( ...at least we still have The Red Bar and Seabar. Thanks for the update.
 
NOOOOOOOO

This isn't fair.

Please please please let us know when so I can be down there for it. :(
 
I can't begin to describe what total crappolla this is! Here I sit in Dallas at 6:00pm on Saturday after a drive back from Seaside which began in the wee hours. Less than 24 hours ago, my family was enjoying our second meal of the week at 331, and excited that we had found a new place to add to our favorites after losing our favorite restaurant/hangouts Shades, Hurricane Grill, and Bud and Alley's (to a new chef, but that's a later post).

And now, what cruel fate to be sitting in 101 degree heat, the smell of sand still fresh in my shorts (ok, I'm grasping) and be delivered this sour news. The view at 331 at sunset is spectacular, and the funkiness addicting. And don't tell my wife, but what a collection of hotness on the staff! Tell em' to build their damn road on one side or the other, but not take both! I suspect a highway commissioner's brother-in-law is a partial owner in Bayou Bill's. Someone get the local press on it.

Oli, stand up and fight! I vow to stand side-by-side with you and drink as many Red Stripes as it takes! (But I can't until my next vacation, of course. Hope that helps.)

(BTW, Joh Lisi was great last night, for what I was able to enjoy until my nine-year-old took a big bite of the sleepy apple. Very cool arrangements of obscure but classic stuff, including a steel drum version of Nat King Cole and Stuff Smith's "When I Grow Too Old to Dream." Marvelous.)

Seriously, someone put a stop to all this concrete pouring that is turning your charming beach into a Starbucks!
 
It is a sad loss, but this info was known long ago, and the Seabar and 3Thrity1 are only about 2-3 years old. If you have ever had to evacuate SoWal, you will see the flip side to losing such great places to have funn. Maybe Oli will open up a funn place in Freeport on some water???
 
Maybe Oli could work a deal with Riverwalk....I hear they need some help!
 
Oh Kirkus...there is nothing better than getting home and finding sand....anywhere!!! Glad you had funn! And yes, the heat here is intense.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top