• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Live Music 4/20 festivities

New posts
:lolabove: I looked up 4/20. Now I get it. :razz:
I think that my generation was the Mary Jane generation. Heck, when I was at Tulane, the administration legalized on campus by (a) not allowing NOLA cops on campus, and (b) not allowing any student or faculty member -- yes, a famous math prof smoked on the quad with his students -- to be arrested for marijuana use.

That being said, I didn't know 420 was another name for what we used to call "grass" until Beach Jacket told me this week.:blush:
 
Here is the snopes.com version of the orgin.

By the way, I just returned from the WaCo Rambler show at Cerulean's and I didn't see anyone lighting up in there. What's up with that? :idontno::floor:
 
Last edited:
I didn't know that either. I had always heard what they report as myth about it being LA police radio code for person smoking pot.
 
Okay, in regards to all of this mj talk, when a group of us camped at a local state park here in SoWal about 10 years or so ago, the rules on the sign said that alcohol was illegal in the park, but drugs were legal at long as they were not being sold. Any info on that one? Strangely, our cases of beer were highly illegal but if our Dutch friends who were actually holed up in PCB were with us, they would have been legal.:idontno:

Two other names that come to mind: ganja and pitu.
 
I say that the Media's reaction will only tempt the next "Cho" to go bigger. 24/7 dissection of the whole mess. He sure got more than the 15 min. he never deserved. Terrible Tradegy for sure but it'll inspire CopyCats. Chris Rock is right... Bullets are to Cheap. People kill people not Guns. Guns just make it easier.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top