• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

60 Minutes/Scalia

New posts

Matt J

SWGB
Did anyone else catch the interview of Justice Scalia?

Overall I was surprised at some of the issues I agreed with him on. I thought it was a very interesting interview as it did give many insights into the man. However, at the risk of opening an old wound, I didn't like his response to Bush v. Gore. He started off the response with a comment along the lines of this is an old issue. This from a guy who uses a document everyday at work that is over 200 years old. IMO any decision the supreme court renders goes down in history and any insight that a justice might give would be important.
 
Last edited:
I saw it. He made the interviewing lady appear rather dumb in her questioning on a few issues.

IMO, the reason he didn't go into detail on the Bush/Gore decision is because he has already hashed it all out in the past. The lady could go look it up and ask specifics, but she was too lazy to come prepared to the interview.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top