• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

723 Whiskey Bravo will not reopen

New posts
Pure heat and eat, At least when they first opened. I went once at the start and was blown away by the awesomeness of the design and finishes. Then when my food arrived I recognized it from Sysco's menu of already cooked food. Much like the pork shanks that are on another local establishment’s menu, but the pork shanks are tasty (that Asian dipping sauce is disgusting though). I think leeboy must mean “beating a dead horse” and for that I apologize. This was someone’s dream, but in the future the dreamers should strongly encourage that those around them tell them the truth. It could’ve been the coolest spot in town.
 
Pure heat and eat, At least when they first opened. I went once at the start and was blown away by the awesomeness of the design and finishes. Then when my food arrived I recognized it from Sysco's menu of already cooked food. Much like the pork shanks that are on another local establishment’s menu, but the pork shanks are tasty (that Asian dipping sauce is disgusting though). I think leeboy must mean “beating a dead horse” and for that I apologize. This was someone’s dream, but in the future the dreamers should strongly encourage that those around them tell them the truth. It could’ve been the coolest spot in town.
Maybe it will be. I'd name it "The Wheelhouse" and funk it up. The problem is the lack of parking. Another example of a project that shouldn't have been approved. The old Wheelhouse didn't even have enough parking. On the plus side you can get enough business just from walkers and bicyclers in season.
 
Why all the ass kissing and praise for a dump that was just bored trust fund babies "trying something new". It was hit with mostly miss and despite George's best efforts as noted above it continued to flounder. Almost like a restaurant owned and operated by people who had no idea what they were doing. I'm sure they'll make a pretty penny off the property and move on. Add this to the list of crap restaurants in sowal no one will remember in 5 minutes.
 
Why all the ass kissing and praise for a dump that was just bored trust fund babies "trying something new". It was hit with mostly miss and despite George's best efforts as noted above it continued to flounder. Almost like a restaurant owned and operated by people who had no idea what they were doing. I'm sure they'll make a pretty penny off the property and move on. Add this to the list of crap restaurants in sowal no one will remember in 5 minutes.

The restaurant was okay, we watched football games there most Saturdays upstairs. Skip and Victoria were very charitable and raised a lot of money for the local community and charities.

So in typical SoWal fashion, s**t on them. Talk about how great the old days were and wish the new owners immediate and horrible failure.
 
The restaurant was okay, we watched football games there most Saturdays upstairs. Skip and Victoria were very charitable and raised a lot of money for the local community and charities.

So in typical SoWal fashion, s**t on them. Talk about how great the old days were and wish the new owners immediate and horrible failure.

Good people! Thanks for your post.
 
Regardless of what one thought of WB or the owners, keep an eye on the property. From what I hear there is no interest in leasing the restaurant out, it is for sale. And along with it are all the old cottages. One price for all. Maybe not a bad deal for the asking price, but the asking price makes no sense to a restaurant operator. Might be that the only way a buyer could turn a profit would be tearing down everything and just building rentals with a little mixed use sprinkled in. Wouldn't that be a shame!
 
Whatever you think of WB, (I never went there, so have no opinion), it's sad to see another restaurant closing. 30A/SoWal already has a limited selection of not particularly good restaurants, so anything that limits the already meagre range of choices further, is not good for the area.
 
The restaurant was okay, we watched football games there most Saturdays upstairs. Skip and Victoria were very charitable and raised a lot of money for the local community and charities.

So in typical SoWal fashion, s**t on them. Talk about how great the old days were and wish the new owners immediate and horrible failure.

I didn't say anything about new owners. We have different opinions why not just accept that and move on?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top