• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

A Beach Family

New posts

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
A friend of mine, from my daughter's HS passed away 6 months ago tomorrow. She was young; in her 40's, with 4 beautiful daughters, a husband who worshiped her and more than anything she loved the beaches of your area and had a capacity to live life to the fullest; more than anyone I ever met.

This photo was taken the summer of 2006 just months before her diagnosis of Lou Gehrig's disease. She fought the battle with dignity and grace, just as she lived her life.

6887c70111b2d98030571f8.JPG



In her memory I share this video of the "The Dash" that is such a statement about how Debbie lived her life. Her husband first shared this with us, in his daily blog about Debbie's journey and asked we share it with those that mean alot to us, that is you.

http://www.thedashmovie.com/linda/

It is worth the minutes it takes to watch it. :wub:
 
Last edited:
What a beautiful family, and an awful disease...:(
 
Thanks for posting Minnie. I have had the dash on my mind lately. Your friend has a beautiful family and I hope they are working through their loss.
 
That is the saddest thing. I am so sorry for those girls and their daddy. How do they go on? A friend of mine in KS was just diagnosed with it as well but she is in her 50's.

What a beautiful family. :cry: Thanks Minnie for posting.
 
This really saddens me. Indeed a beautiful family. And ALS aka Lou Gehrig's is horrible. That, among other factors, is what killed my father.

My prayers for her husband and daughters. :(
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top