• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

A new realtors view

New posts

Sea Sothebys

Beach Lover
I met with a client yesterday. Everyone I have been dealing with on the seller side has been on the phone up until now. It didn't go great. She was crying half of the time, as she doesn't want to sell her property but has to.. it broke my heart. I am very caring, and vicarious. I almost started to cry myself. Okay, I had to excuse myself to blow my nose. Beyond the major financial risk I am taking to be a realtor, I didn't realize the emotional side as much until now. It amazes me at my age, the things I am still learning about people. The cycle of life is made up of deceiving moments of contentment.
I tip my hat to those who have been in this business for a long time.
 
I met with a client yesterday. Everyone I have been dealing with on the seller side has been on the phone up until now. It didn't go great. She was crying half of the time, as she doesn't want to sell her property but has to.. it broke my heart. I am very caring, and vicarious. I almost started to cry myself. Okay, I had to excuse myself to blow my nose. Beyond the major financial risk I am taking to be a realtor, I didn't realize the emotional side as much until now. It amazes me at my age, the things I am still learning about people. The cycle of life is made up of deceiving moments of contentment.
I tip my hat to those who have been in this business for a long time.

You are the best kind of Realtor, caring and compassionate. There are many of us in Sowal and our heartstrings are being pulled more than ever now, in this economical climate of financial disaster for so many people. Keep your chin up and be proud of your tears.
 
I met with a client yesterday. Everyone I have been dealing with on the seller side has been on the phone up until now. It didn't go great. She was crying half of the time, as she doesn't want to sell her property but has to.. it broke my heart. I am very caring, and vicarious. I almost started to cry myself. Okay, I had to excuse myself to blow my nose. Beyond the major financial risk I am taking to be a realtor, I didn't realize the emotional side as much until now. It amazes me at my age, the things I am still learning about people. The cycle of life is made up of deceiving moments of contentment.
I tip my hat to those who have been in this business for a long time.

Thanks Sea! It is a trying time. We all made some good money and now we get to see the other side of this thing. We pretty much get beat up by the general public but those in the biz see what is really going on. As we walk out of this we all are becoming close friends and are developing a great respect for each other. I feel more like a counselor then an agent on most days. Hang in there! The great thing about Real Estate is it keeps changing!
 
Realtors get beat up and blamed for the high property tax. I know, it's all our fault for creating supply and demand. Last week, myself and another Realtor (and a retired Realtor) were having happy hour cocktails at a local watering hole. Another local was miffed about prop. taxes he/she has to pay and blamed it on US. No amount of reasoning was acceptable. Realtors are BAD. Needless to say, it was time to leave our watering hole and go to another.
 
I've been a journalist, and I am a Realtor...guess I'll try used cars or politricks next!:idontno:
 
I know it must be difficult to hear of situations like that.

The only solace is that you are providing them with a service to perhaps bail them out of a bad deal.

To the point about people thinking that realtors create the problems with high prices/low prices/taxes/etc: They have nothing to do with those items, the market does. They are just there to facilitate the buying/selling process.

I guess some people try to affix blame on someone else!!!
 
I know it must be difficult to hear of situations like that.

The only solace is that you are providing them with a service to perhaps bail them out of a bad deal.

To the point about people thinking that realtors create the problems with high prices/low prices/taxes/etc: They have nothing to do with those items, the market does. They are just there to facilitate the buying/selling process.

I guess some people try to affix blame on someone else!!!

Thank You!!!!!!:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top