• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

A Physician's Message

New posts
Am I the only one who remembers that time a couple of years back when Andy (iirc) tried to convince us that the Sun orbits the Earth? Brazen in his eccentricity, exclaiming his right to believe and propagate geocentricity, all the while quoting Ptolemy and Confucius with his bare face hanging out for all to witness.
yes, i vaguely do remember. the smell of lit torches. the soft crunching of the jackboots. i was rounded up as a non-believer, but was let go when they discovered my garlic bulbs during the strip search.
 
Bob and Gordo, have I told you lately that I love you?
Good stuff guys. Thx for keeping it fun!
 
To me it appears that Andy's retired physician friend was duped with this letter, that he duped Andy with it (unintentionally) and that Andy is passing it along here and more are getting duped...

Does this sum it up???

No dupe. I have been Googling Dr. Janda's name on and off since this initial post, thinking that snopes or politifact or factcheck would catch up with him to verify. Well Snopes did.

The version Andy posted was not complete, but most of it appears to be from Dr. Janda. The full text plus backstory here:

snopes.com: Dr. Dave Janda - The One Word to Describe Obamacare

After reading the full text he provided Snopes, I still believe his take is a highly partisan and inflammatory analysis of the current House bill (which probably will not stand anyway). As a former Bush appointee and member of the board of a conservative Michigan think tank, it is not surprising that he is partisan. But I am surprised at the inflammatory language, some of which is easily disproven.

His takes on "comparative effectiveness research" are extreme and unlikely, though it is true that we have not heard enough specifics. For a bit more on comparative effectiveness, here is an interesting story on Politico (see pgs 2 & 3 for relevant information).

Kennedy illness symbol in debate - Jeanne Cummings - POLITICO.com

And the part about section 102, referenced above in this thread, is flat-out untrue. As are his comments on Advanced Care Planning.

But this makes him not unlike politicians on both sides. He apparently stands by his remarks and provided Snopes with the full text of his letter, and I wanted to update the thread to let Andy A. know. :wave:
 
TFT, thanks for checking this out. I, too, am surprised. Makes me wonder what his motive is...even if he believes what he says, he must know his inflamatory language will set some folks off...interesting.
 
Presuming what TFT posted is true then Andy, my man---
looks like I (and others) rushed to judgement when we thought you were duped. For what it is worth, I only doubted what you posted because of the language used by the good doctor. It didn't seem plausible that he would go on the record with the inflammatory language. It seemed more plausible that it was a fake. Anywho. Interesting...

Pls accept my apology...

G
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top