• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

ABC News Article Concering Beach Erosion

New posts
Re: ABC News Article Concerning Beach Erosion

"Destin and Walton county officials encountered an unusual obstacle when a handful of beachfront property owners challenged their joint nourishment project, contending it was a ploy to grab private shoreline for public use."

What exactly does this mean?
 
Re: ABC News Article Concerning Beach Erosion

BeachDreamer said:
"Destin and Walton county officials encountered an unusual obstacle when a handful of beachfront property owners challenged their joint nourishment project, contending it was a ploy to grab private shoreline for public use."

What exactly does this mean?

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Does anyone get this?? :idontno:
 
They were afraid that if beach was added in front of their homes, they wouldn't be able to keep people off of it because it would be considered public beach.

They recently lost the case and were considering appeal, until their beach disappeared altogether recently. One of the parties to the suit appeared before the BCC last week and admitted he was wrong to hold up renourishment.

Probably had something to do with the fact that his house is about to become a reef.

http://www.waltonsun.com/doah_ruling.htm
 
kurt said:
They were afraid that if beach was added in front of their homes, they wouldn't be able to keep people off of it because it would be considered public beach.

They recently lost the case and were considering appeal, until their beach disappeared altogether recently. One of the parties to the suit appeared before the BCC last week and admitted he was wrong to hold up renourishment.

Probably had something to do with the fact that his house is about to become a reef.

http://www.waltonsun.com/doah_ruling.htm

Actually, according to the Destin Log, some of them are sticking to their guns even after Dennis, and are continuing the suit, although they do not have a snowball's chance in Hades of winning, in my view. I admire their intellectual consistency. Their neighbors who want the project are really, really exasperated.

Most of their argument seems to be based on a view that the gulf-front owner owns everything to the water line.
 
>>Most of their argument seems to be based on a view that the gulf-front owner owns everything to the water line.<<

And with the recent erosion--that would be just short of their living room sofa. :razz:
 
Last edited:
SHELLY said:
And with the recent erosion--that would be just short of their living room sofa. :razz:

Seriously! It would be very satisfying to let them have their way and watch their homes sag and fall into the Gulf. I don't get it... more sand, more land, right? I'd think this would be good for them. Being greedy never pays... :nono1:
 
I seriously dont believe it is greed, these people paid premium prices for their beach, I would never be able to afford this luxury, but if I did, I would want to preserve the property that I worked for to purchase! Thats not greed, it is very hard work to afford such a property! People who work this hard to afford this type of property should not be looked down on, this is not greed. Givethem a break! :bow:
 
The greedy part is not that they want to preserve their property. It's being so worried about others possibly having access to it, that they refuse to allow the preservation in the first place. :confused:

Jayne Graves said:
I seriously dont believe it is greed, these people paid premium prices for their beach, I would never be able to afford this luxury, but if I did, I would want to preserve the property that I worked for to purchase! Thats not greed, it is very hard work to afford such a property! People who work this hard to afford this type of property should not be looked down on, this is not greed. Givethem a break! :bow:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top