• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Accident 395 and 98

New posts

MaxxandMe

Beach Lover
Just passed by 395 and 98. Looks like a pretty bad accident. Hope everyone is alright. So many bad things happen at that intersection.
 
Re: Accident

Just passed the accident myself about 1 hour ago - looked like a convertible BMW/Mercedes hit a car and got hit in back by a black mini SUV (little Honda or something??) kind of looking car. There were ambulances on the scene and it looked like they were taking someone out of the SUV.
 
Re: Accident

Yesterday around 5pm or so, I saw an SUV almost hit a bicyclist in the crosswalk when he turned right in front of the crossing bicycler. Maybe it's time for a traffic light there?
 
Since that SUV should have had to stop for the stop sign anyway, a red light wouldn't have made a difference.

I think the accident was at the other end of 395, where it intersects w/ 98 and there is already a stoplight there. :idontno:
 
I think the accident was at the other end of 395, where it intersects w/ 98 and there is already a stoplight there. :idontno:

Yes...and even though one can put a crick in their neck looking at the light when exiting north 395, it works well when people obey it. Accidents much less frequently than before.

Sorry, I'm at home today and my source of info is working in NoWal, so I can't get details. I just hope whoever it is will be OK.
 
Remember when there were deputies sitting the with their lights on 24 hours a day?
 
Not sure if this is related, but here's some photos and a video of someone being loaded into the helicopter at the Fire Station on 395.

Mar20_0001.jpg

Mar20_0002.jpg

Mar20_0003.jpg


YouTube - Helicopter taking off
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top