• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Accident at Grayton Corners

New posts
We talked with a woman that witnessed the accident. A young woman driving south on 283 at a high rate of speed plowed through the 4 way. Not sure if she was hurt..car looked bad and they did take her away in the ambulance. The other two vehicles were damaged but everyone seemed to be out walking around.

That is such a bad intersection...I pray the young woman (LA plates) is not hurt too bad and praise God the others were not hurt!
 
So sorry to hear that. Is it bad because there are a lot of accidents, or bad because there is something wrong with the intersection? Does it need a light?
 
We drove by there about 12:30pm when the FD was still cleaning it up. From the damage to the Hynudai, it was pretty clear that someone had been a) massively speeding, and b) didn't even try to stop at the stop sign.

On the bright side, none of the cops/fire had that 'I saw a dead body' look on their faces, so it seemed likely vehicle safety features did their job.

I don't think it's a dangerous corner, or that the traffic justifies a light. It's just drivers doing stupid things. And even normally good drivers get distracted on vacation, especially when they're unfamiliar with the local roads.
 
I think it is driver error there and also at 393 at Gulf Place. I simply think that people are looking ahead to the beach area and simply just do not pay attention to 30-A. I saw this happen several times at 393 while sitting outside at Miss Lucille's. :eek:

Actually traffic lights would be more dangerous to those on 30-A because traffic would proceed on when the light changed. At least with a 4 way hopefully everyone is checking to be sure traffic is stopped before going on.

I always saw alot of speeding motorists during my stay both out of town and locals.

Does law enforcement work radar, I never saw any.
 
Last edited:
Glad to hear the lady was okay! The other 2 cars didn't seem as damaged, but she got crunched good on the driver's side.

I drove by pretty soon after the accident and was amazed at the scope of the accident. Couldn't figure out how 3 cars and that much damage could occur from a 4 way stop, but someone blowing the stop sign would explain it.

Don't think there is any problem w/ the intersection as I saw plenty of "quality" driving this afternoon as I was running errands. :roll:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top