• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

accident on 331

New posts

Snapper Grabber

Beach Comber
Does anyone have information about a traffic accident on 331 north of Freeport today? LifeSaver helicopter was on the scene and traffic was stopped for quite some time.
 
Missed that one, but saw the aftermath of the crash at 283/98.
wow..I missed THAT one.... what time was it? I did see a sheriffs car facing South in the westbound turn lane at 283 about 10AM but no other cars were around.
 
I really cannot remember what time the 283/98 crash was, but sometime before 1pm. I was back and forth a few times. I couldn't tell what happened, but from the position of the cars, I'd guess that it was maybe a rear ending in the west bound turning lane to the south. I really couldn't see much, but the cars didn't look too bad from my position.
 
guess those folks in the rear car didnt realize that the turn lane has a yield sign.... oops... but I can say that I have heard many brakes being locked up behind me when I am stopped for someone crossing 98 there lately.
 
Last edited:
actually, that southern turn lane when heading west bound, has no yield. It is either green, yellow or red arrow only.
 
Ahh... was trying to edit my post but firefox decided to freeze up on me... I was talking about the east/south and west/north turn lanes . But that would explain the position of the sheriffs car I saw today.
 
Ah yes, I think they need to add reminder yield signs for the north/south lanes turning across traffic. So many people must have failed that portion of the driving test when they were 16 years old.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top