• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

accident on 331

New posts
Ah yes, I think they need to add reminder yield signs for the north/south lanes turning across traffic. So many people must have failed that portion of the driving test when they were 16 years old.
Oh dont even get me started on those folks that turn in front of you when you are proceeding straight across the intersection. I am still saving up for my train horns.:D I am waiting for some REALLY expensive car to do it to me so I can slam into them ..oops ..I mean not be able to stop in time.... so I can get the upper ball joints replaced on mine again.
 
Last edited:
Cracks me up when they say the driver of the dump truck wasn't injured, well DUH. I see that all the time, an 18 wheeler hits a small vehicle. Driver of truck wasn't injured but everybody else, forget it.

I read so much about accidents on 331, when my wife and I were returning to Missouri on March 4th, it was early morning, raining heavy. I was doing the speed limit yet 2 vehicles had to pass me just 3 miles before Freeport 331/10. We had such a great month then we had a close call, for what reason I don't know, once they got in front of me they stayed right there till we all reached the light right before I-10.

You know there are 43,000 people killed on US highways per year. I think it would be safe to say I fear that more then what the news tells me to fear hurricanes, tornado's, terrorism and of course those 5 shark attacks per year.
 
You know there are 43,000 people killed on US highways per year. I think it would be safe to say I fear that more then what the news tells me to fear hurricanes, tornado's, terrorism and of course those 5 shark attacks per year.

:( Totally agree....I've never been in a wreck until this January on 98....then again, 10 days ago, as I had just come off the Midway Bridge and passed the Destin Middle School I went through the light between The Commons and the drive into the shopping center with Old Navy and Publix. Two cars side by side ran a red light and I slammed on my brakes turning slightly to the left running up to the cement medium, with the young woman's car stopping ONE inch from the passenger side of my Jeep. Thank God for good brakes. The second car swerved quickly behind my car and I can't tell you if they went across the medium to the other side....they seemed to just disappear. :idontno:

If anyone saw a woman hysterically crying in the middle of the road that would be me! I know I was surrounded by guardian angels!

I pray for us all.
 
Too bad our Air Heart helicopters were moved out of South Walton and moved up to North Walton. Response time for 98 and the beaches was increased with this move. Not a good thing for South Walton.
 
Too bad our Air Heart helicopters were moved out of South Walton and moved up to North Walton. Response time for 98 and the beaches was increased with this move. Not a good thing for South Walton.

Actually,

It doesn't have any negative impact on response times to SoWal.

The AirHeart aircraft in DeFuniak Springs AND the Gulflight helicopter in Niceville can get to the SoWal/Bay county line in less than 15 minutes. Most of SoWal can be accessed in 10 minutes or less. In fact, they have auto launch criteria with SWFD and will activate prior to EMS arrival. By the time SWFD treats/packages a patient, they will be there for the transport.

We are very blessed to have two air medical helicopters this close to us. Very few communities have that luxury.:clap:

On a side note. FWB Medical Center has submitted an application to the state to start the process of becoming a Level 2 Trauma Center. That is terrific for the community. Currently, the only other L2 TC are in Pensacola. :D
 
Arkie, I have witnessed this first hand, usually the Helicopter is just waiting on the ambulance. The crew usually gets out and kind of stands around waiting on them.
 
Arkie, I have witnessed this first hand, usually the Helicopter is just waiting on the ambulance. The crew usually gets out and kind of stands around waiting on them.


That's usually what happens. The flight team will normally arrive before the patient is packaged for transportation.

Side note: We would hope that they will normally be working on the patient with the paramedics instead of standing around. :biggrin:

Double side note: May 18-24th is National EMS week. If you get a chance go thank the EMS and Flight crews in your area and thank them that week. Bring food if you can....that is always welcomed.

The local flight crews are located at the DeFuniak Springs Airport and Twin Cities Hospital in Niceville.

SWFD have several stations throughout SoWal.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top