• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Accident on 331

New posts
Chris's first wife killed in a car accident was Seasun. (Chris was driving then too).....I can't think of anything more tragic than this accident and the horror that Chris and family are going through. Chris had serious debilitating leg injuries from the first wreck and was in a wheelchair for a LONG time (a drunk driver hit them).

Tears, prayers and hugs going their way...not just now, but for a long time. Any thoughts on what we can do as a community to help Chris and his family???

Sorry for the mistake on the name. I remember when the first accident happened and this is unimaginable.
 
How about a Sowal Community pot luck dinner with a cover charge, say $10 per person. Maybe some musicians can donate some time for the occassion and make the occassion a celebration of life and community out pouring.

Perhaps a silent auction as well???? Or get Tom Stein to help us with a live auction...he's very entertaining and can bring in some bucks.

I'm on a roll here....you're thoughts are appreciated.

I am in for this. I wish I had time to help plan/organize but I do not. I will come if something is organized. My family and I pray everyday together and we will include Chris and his kids in our prayers. Tough situation.
 
Would this be the same Chris Carter who went to Bay School when I was a Chapter One aide there? That was in the mid-1980s, I am too distraught to even do the math right now.
 
Would this be the same Chris Carter who went to Bay School when I was a Chapter One aide there? That was in the mid-1980s, I am too distraught to even do the math right now.

Susan it probably was......he was a cute tow headed kid....he's still cute and tow headed. His parent are Cherry and Cecil, Cecil recently deceased with his 2nd wife in a car accident a few months ago.
 
Last edited:
This is so unbelievably sad. I don't know Chris or his family, but I know the power of a community that rallies in support of one of its own. I'll help out however I can.
 
If you guys want to do a bbq plate fundraiser I have a huge grill. I'll be glad to donate my time to cooking pork butts.Just let me know.Dean-
 
There aren't words for how unfair this is. :cry:
I would also donate a portrait session with album for an auction if someone puts something together.
 
Ok...let's do it! I need help....volunteers please??!!!!!!!! Need a place to have it, a date, coordination, etc. Informal committee of sorts.....please step up and show this family what Sowal is all about. Ideas are appreciated, and so are people. PM me or call me.....585-7353.....Donna
 
Ok...let's do it! I need help....volunteers please??!!!!!!!! Need a place to have it, a date, coordination, etc. Informal committee of sorts.....please step up and show this family what Sowal is all about. Ideas are appreciated, and so are people. PM me or call me.....585-7353.....Donna

You know I'm in, my volunteer services are at your disposal, D-Ma. My heart is breaking for Chris and his family. Whatever I can do...
Posted via Mobile Device
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top