Uncle Timmy
Beach Fanatic
I had 3 encounters with local wildlife today.
I was packing up the car to head to the beach this morning. I had my hands full of beach stuff and when I got to the car to put the stuff inside, I noticed something moving right beside my foot. It was a pygmy rattlesnake. I had stepped right over it and my foot (in flip flops) was about 6 inches from it! Luckily he was heading away from me when I saw him, and didn't stike at my foot. Whew.
I get to the beach, and am happily floating on my back. After a while, I stand up and notice a jellyfish floating next to where my head had been. Close call number 2.
Heading back to shore after the jellyfish incident, I step on a stingray. He shoots out from under my foot, scares the crap out of me, but doesn't sting me.
I think I am going to stay inside the rest of the weekend.
I was packing up the car to head to the beach this morning. I had my hands full of beach stuff and when I got to the car to put the stuff inside, I noticed something moving right beside my foot. It was a pygmy rattlesnake. I had stepped right over it and my foot (in flip flops) was about 6 inches from it! Luckily he was heading away from me when I saw him, and didn't stike at my foot. Whew.
I get to the beach, and am happily floating on my back. After a while, I stand up and notice a jellyfish floating next to where my head had been. Close call number 2.
Heading back to shore after the jellyfish incident, I step on a stingray. He shoots out from under my foot, scares the crap out of me, but doesn't sting me.
I think I am going to stay inside the rest of the weekend.

