Beachlover2
Beach Fanatic
Are you still paying a mortgage on both the house you have up for sale and the lot next door?
.
We bought the house with the lot next door - so technically the mortgage is on both. But the mortgage could be paid off with the sale of the lot.
I have talked to my acct and he is looking into a few things for us and will get back to me today. I just want to make sure we are doing the smartest thing tax wise as well.
I am a little surprised no one thinks the construction is that big of a deal. I guess I am just use to having my quiet and privacy. But I needed the be reminded that it is just a finite amount of time. I guess I am too emotional after living here since we first got married 20+ years ago and thinking of some beautiful trees that will surely be ripped down to build a new house. One think I will not miss is the mowing!!!!!!!

But the new neighbors are nice. (We didn't try to run them off ....) :funn: