• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

All Pro Tool skipped out!

New posts

stellala

Beach Comber
skipped out!

All Pro Tools ....Skipped out on their place this weekend. The place is 1500 SF and available for $1500 a month. Call John @ 850-259-4183
 
Last edited:
Where were they located and what did they leave?
 
I would check the law before you start offering up their stuff - I believe there is a set procedure/timeline to follow and you could get in trouble if you immediately sell any assets.
 
I would check the law before you start offering up their stuff - I believe there is a set procedure/timeline to follow and you could get in trouble if you immediately sell any assets.

Tru Dat...
 
Commercial Leases allows owner to serve notice to pay or quit. After 72 hours passes owners have right to change the locks and assume contents. That is why they abandoned the property and left a giant mess. At this point, I could pay for 2 dumpsters to clear out the trashed unit and file suit for past rent, the remainder of the lease, cost to remove debris and repairs or I can allow someone to take all the contents then clean the unit and make repairs to rent the unit and move on! I am sorry if you felt, I was doing something wrong and appreciate your concern.
 
Commercial Leases allows owner to serve notice to pay or quit. After 72 hours passes owners have right to change the locks and assume contents. That is why they abandoned the property and left a giant mess. At this point, I could pay for 2 dumpsters to clear out the trashed unit and file suit for past rent, the remainder of the lease, cost to remove debris and repairs or I can allow someone to take all the contents then clean the unit and make repairs to rent the unit and move on! I am sorry if you felt, I was doing something wrong and appreciate your concern.

Not ethically or morally wrong, certainly but it is good to know the law is on your side! I learned something from this post!

I know of someone in Tampa who abandoned a restaurant he had spent big bucks remodeling, including adding a shark tank as the centerpiece. :eek: He skipped town and the owner had to figure out what to do with the sharks!
 
I got lucky!!! I dropped off two weedwackers and a honda generator 2 weeks ago for some repairs. The guy told me he would take a look at my stuff and call me in a day or two. Well 2 weeks pass and no call so I swing by last friday to check on the status and they are loading up there stuff. When I walked in they all looked at each other like they had been busted. I got my equipment and commented that it was good I stopped by when I did and his comment was " I was gonna call you when I got to my new place"... Lets just say I'm very doubtful on that but glad to get my stuff back!!!
 
Tough economy takes down yet another business. Isn't this the kid from the original Orange Tool up across the 331 that set up shop down here. There was a thread on it a while back.
 
Commercial Leases allows owner to serve notice to pay or quit. After 72 hours passes owners have right to change the locks and assume contents. That is why they abandoned the property and left a giant mess. At this point, I could pay for 2 dumpsters to clear out the trashed unit and file suit for past rent, the remainder of the lease, cost to remove debris and repairs or I can allow someone to take all the contents then clean the unit and make repairs to rent the unit and move on! I am sorry if you felt, I was doing something wrong and appreciate your concern.

I didn't think you were doing something wrong, just didn't want you to get another kick in the cojones in the future if you didn't "dot the i's and cross the t's" when dealing w/ the deadbeats. Amazing (and frustrating) how people who can't pay their bills or rent can still pay a lawyer to further screw you over. :angry:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top