• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Alys Beach in Florida Trend

New posts

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Saw this article today and just thought we would share it:

Published 4/1/2008 in Florida Trend Outdoor Living

Emphasizing the Outdoors in Building

by Stacie Kress Booker

Marieanne Khoury-Vogt and Erik Vogt, architects with a modest practice, closed up shop in Miami four years ago and moved to a seaside enclave in the Panhandle to transform it into one of Florida?s latest New Urbanist communities. They also set up residence there. Andres Duany, founder of the New Urbanism movement, recommended them for the job: Town architects, Alys Beach. The fledgling town (only 5% to 8% of properties have been built) is full of the outdoor living hallmarks of New Urbanism, plenty of pedestrian-friendly avenues, open gathering spaces and private residential courtyards.

Read the full article by clicking here
 
.... damn - Alys Beach is the shizzle, to me at least. Unfortuantely right now, you have to use a bit of imagination as a result of bad timing on launch of Alys, but looking at the plans for the end product, I don't think there will be anything to compare. When does the next SoWal based screenplay get done ?? What would Jim Carey's role be in the next one?
 
That pool is amazing .... feels like a big 1930's movie production would have been filmed there ... complete with glamorous synchronized swimmers ...
 
Saw this article today and just thought we would share it:

Published 4/1/2008 in Florida Trend Outdoor Living

Emphasizing the Outdoors in Building

by Stacie Kress Booker

Marieanne Khoury-Vogt and Erik Vogt, architects with a modest practice, closed up shop in Miami four years ago and moved to a seaside enclave in the Panhandle to transform it into one of Florida?s latest New Urbanist communities. They also set up residence there. Andres Duany, founder of the New Urbanism movement, recommended them for the job: Town architects, Alys Beach. The fledgling town (only 5% to 8% of properties have been built) is full of the outdoor living hallmarks of New Urbanism, plenty of pedestrian-friendly avenues, open gathering spaces and private residential courtyards.

Read the full article by clicking here



Thanks for submitting the article! While in Seagrove a month or so ago,
I got a personal tour of Alys Beach and had not seen it in awhile. The
development is totally captivating. The imagination runs wild with
visions of the finished poduct!

I can say for sure that the Caliza Pool is stunning! I wanted to unzip my
jacket and take a seat on the cool green lounger and relax!! I thought
of telling my tour guide....I'll babysit...I'll do anything to spend a day of
fun in the sun at this pool....:D The amenities at this development are
truly amazing! I asked myself....am I really in SoWal or had I
taken a wrong turn on my bike?? We do not have the typical real
estate market here.... we have a totally different concept, with each
beach community marching to their own drum with unique architecture
and landscaping... This is why our area is distinctive compared to
others....with the exception of the Big Blues!

Once George gets his George's open ,Alys Beach will start to take on
a whole new identity.... a welcoming feel.... The green space and the whole
concept of Alys Beach makes you feel...there's no place like home!!
 
Last edited:
Tivoli... that's the word I've been waiting to come back to me. Captivating. completely captivating. cc.




Thanks for submitting the article! While in Seagrove a month or so ago,
I got a personal tour of Alys Beach and had not seen it in awhile. The
development is totally captivating. The imagination runs wild with
visions of the finished poduct!

I can say for sure that the Caliza Pool is stunning! I wanted to unzip my
jacket and take a seat on the cool green lounger and relax!! I thought
of telling my tour guide....I'll babysit...I'll do anything to spend a day of
fun in the sun at this pool....:D The amenities at this development are
truly amazing! I asked myself....am I really in SoWal or had I
taken a wrong turn on my bike?? We do not have the typical real
estate market here.... we have a totally different concept, with each
beach community marching to their own drum with unique architecture
and landscaping... This is why our area is distinctive compared to
others....with the exception of the Big Blues!

Once George gets his George's open ,Alys Beach will start to take on
a whole new identity.... a welcoming feel.... The green space and the whole
concept of Alys Beach makes you feel...there's no place like home!!
 
Tivoli... that's the word I've been waiting to come back to me. Captivating. completely captivating. cc.



Captivating is the word! The Caliza Pool setting does look like a movie set
out of the 1930's..... Old world beauty.....expecting to see Esther Williams
swim by......
 
:biggrin:
Thanks for submitting the article! While in Seagrove a month or so ago,
I got a personal tour of Alys Beach and had not seen it in awhile. The
development is totally captivating. The imagination runs wild with
visions of the finished poduct!

I can say for sure that the Caliza Pool is stunning! I wanted to unzip my
jacket and take a seat on the cool green lounger and relax!! I thought
of telling my tour guide....I'll babysit...
I'll do anything to spend a day of
fun in the sun at this pool....:D The amenities at this development are
truly amazing! I asked myself....am I really in SoWal or had I
taken a wrong turn on my bike?? We do not have the typical real
estate market here.... we have a totally different concept, with each
beach community marching to their own drum with unique architecture
and landscaping... This is why our area is distinctive compared to
others....with the exception of the Big Blues!

Once George gets his George's open ,Alys Beach will start to take on
a whole new identity.... a welcoming feel.... The green space and the whole
concept of Alys Beach makes you feel...there's no place like home!!

You can babysit anytime you want!!!
 
Alys is absolutely stunning.
The first time I saw the visuals back before they got it off the ground, I was in awe.

And now... I just drive though and say "God, when I die, can I please have heaven in the form of Alys Beach? Please?" :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top