• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Angelina's

New posts

Beach Goddess

Beach Lover
Ok, you wonderful locals, I've got a question. I'll be down in Seagrove, staying right next to Angelina's, in a couple of weeks. After a long drive, I'd like to just walk over the Angelina's and get a pizza the first night. How are they? I'm crazy about Spicy Noodle, but after a long trip from Louisiana, those last few miles to the Noodle might be more than my son can take.
 
miramargal said:
Ok, you wonderful locals, I've got a question. I'll be down in Seagrove, staying right next to Angelina's, in a couple of weeks. After a long drive, I'd like to just walk over the Angelina's and get a pizza the first night. How are they? I'm crazy about Spicy Noodle, but after a long trip from Louisiana, those last few miles to the Noodle might be more than my son can take.

I think the pizzas are very good there - probably the best food on the menu. I like Angelina's food okay - it's a fun family place - but wouldn't be my choice - overall - unless I was very hungry and didn't want to drive far. in this case, it's a great place to have close by...
 
Thanks for the replies. I'm conflicted now. I know we won't want pizza twice and I know we love the Noodle. Would you say one is better than the other (Spicy Noodle or Angelinas)? Also, what else (not necessarily pizza) would be in that immediate vincinity that we could walk and pick it up and bring it back to the lazy boy in the condo?
 
miramargal said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm conflicted now. I know we won't want pizza twice and I know we love the Noodle. Would you say one is better than the other (Spicy Noodle or Angelinas)? Also, what else (not necessarily pizza) would be in that immediate vincinity that we could walk and pick it up and bring it back to the lazy boy in the condo?
Cocoon's is good and located just down the street, but closes around 8 or 9.
 
miramargal said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm conflicted now. I know we won't want pizza twice and I know we love the Noodle. Would you say one is better than the other (Spicy Noodle or Angelinas)? Also, what else (not necessarily pizza) would be in that immediate vincinity that we could walk and pick it up and bring it back to the lazy boy in the condo?

Best pizza in town is at Amore's in Gulf Place. :D we've also really enjoyed pizza from Gravel Road and Cafe Spiazza. Amore is the closest thing to pizza Italia though...
 
Angelina's pizza is thinner crust, less cheese, and more traditional topping combinations than Amore. Personally, I like it better than Amore, even though that's not in line with popular sentiment here at SoWal.com. Whatever floats your boat...

The pastas vary. The regular spaghetti with meat sauce is good, as is the seafood Fra Diavolo. I haven't had the sandwiches.

They are very popular this time of year. If you want to eat in for dinner, be prepared for a wait, especially weekends.

I call in takeout until school starts. They are quite prompt with that - I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes, even though I just call it in and hop in the car to drive the mile or so from Eastern Lake.

Count me as a happy customer.
 
TreeFrog said:
Angelina's pizza is thinner crust, less cheese, and more traditional topping combinations than Amore. Personally, I like it better than Amore, even though that's not in line with popular sentiment here at SoWal.com. Whatever floats your boat...

The pastas vary. The regular spaghetti with meat sauce is good, as is the seafood Fra Diavolo. I haven't had the sandwiches.

They are very popular this time of year. If you want to eat in for dinner, be prepared for a wait, especially weekends.

I call in takeout until school starts. They are quite prompt with that - I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes, even though I just call it in and hop in the car to drive the mile or so from Eastern Lake.

Count me as a happy customer.

I've heard people say they LOVE the pizza at Angelina's. I've personally never had it. I've tried many other entrees there though - salads are very good, but the rest is very disappointing to this Italian food lover (mediocrity at best). But, we still go there on occasion just for the fun of it with kids.
 
Tootsie said:
I've heard people say they LOVE the pizza at Angelina's. I've personally never had it. I've tried many other entrees there though - salads are very good, but the rest is very disappointing to this Italian food lover (mediocrity at best). But, we still go there on occasion just for the fun of it with kids.

Tootsie, I have to say that's my opinion of more than a few restaurants in SoWal. We go out to eat at the beach because someone else is cooking for us, for the atmosphere, for the fun of it...not because we expect an excellent meal at a excellent price. But that's okay. Three out of four ain't bad. :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top