Just like stocks it takes cash....working for banks and mortgage companies is not part of my process. I sit back and let you guys/gals slam the market down and then I pay cash. People who over leverage themselves in RE market, just like stocks, go broke every day! However, the stock market is full of people who are experts in moving money from your pocket into theirs. Cheating, dishonesty and cooking the books is all ok until you get caught, and too few every get caught. Good attorney and a paid off jury will get the stock crooks back to the beach of bahama's or Mexico while one enjoys their large nest egg. If you have not experienced the pain of playing the stock market either you have been lucky or have time to play it full time. I prefer RE, and will take my chances at the black jack table in Vegas over the stock market any day!
buying real estate with cash is the same as CDs...hope this helps
...i can't speak for shelly, but u r rite i'm dummer than a bag of hammers;-)
- Aviod the SFD! - Simple math, when you have a vacancy in a duplex, you only lose half the rent. Quad, even better. etc.
I have a couple of SFD in Atl and am looking at a quadraplex. I am hesitant b/c of dealing with 4 renters and the greater likelihood of problems and vacancies due to added variable of multiple renters.
Do you not think it is better to have one renter taking the chance that the SFD may be vacant at times?
For someone who seems 100% certain that now is the time to buy, you are talking in generalities and in circles. Give some specifics - what are you buying, where, how much? What return are you looking for on your cash purchases? Over what time frame? Educate us.
I've been buying RE and stocks for 20 years and both have cycles and both have crooks. I'm doing just fine in both.
The stock market is so volitale that if the President farts...stocks go down.