• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Another Complaint Against The Sheriff

New posts
Yeah, it's just like Roadhouse. Just the other day I was in the hardware store and the local version of "Brad Wesley" came in and busted up the place and threatened the owner "Blue" if he did not come up with the civic improvement money. I got a razor installed in my boot, and for added protection I learned how to rip a guys heart out (and look good doing it). Shocked! Shocked I say! Is writing "stereotype of a typical" redundant? :idontno:


"I didn't see nuthing. A bear fell on me.":blink:
 
It still leaves a bad odor when mike said he'd be there for as long as the city wanted, then after a short while decides to bail. The residents of DeFuniak depended on him to stay a bit longer than he is willing to. What made him change his mind? Why go back on his word? He has much left to do. Why leave so much undone? And for sconiers, please. It wreaks worst of all. IF mike is elected that will leave a very short time to find a suitable replacement. If he takes chapman with him, and he should (he needs the votes chapman can get him) sconiers will probably be the only 'so called" reasonable choice forcing the city to accept him. If I had a sweet deal like that I'd support mike too, but my conscience would stop me. And as far as the "list of accomplishments" mike claims on his website......heres a news flash.......98% of them are DICTATED STEP BY STEP AND MANDATED by the Florida Accreditation Commission to get standards. Why he would try to mislead anyone into thinking they were his ideas and accomplishments is a deliberate twist of facts. Its giant leap backwards to the old days. I thought Walton County grew past that. Make your own choice to whom you support. But please oh please make an educated choice. Dont take anyone by their word. Verify and validate, then maybe a good educated decision can be reached.



Maybe you should research a bit better my dear, accreditation is NOT mandated by the state. If Accreditation is so easy how come the SO or the majority of the agenceies around here are not in the process? :idontno:

 
You claim to have done your homework? First of all Chapman IS back! But more importantly what about the misleading statement mike makes on his website telling people HE has brought about certain changes. The Florida Accreditation Commission mandates an average of up to 270 minimum standards that must be met to achieve accreditation for a police department. The standards required are handed to you in a booklet. Mike claims most of the improvements in the PD are his ideas. Thats wrong and very misleading. They are mandates made by the accreditation commission and not mikes ideas. And by the way, before he claims credit for getting the pd on the road to accreditation, it was mandated by the state of florida a few years back. its in florida statues if you care to do more homework. AND mike touts the title accreditation manager. Woo hoo! Its a two day course. Thats right 16 big hours. AND I can find no record of mike ever having managed a complete accreditation process. The average is two years! So he will leave that unfinished as well if elected. So please verify all that is here. Then tell me you still trust this man to tell you the truth and represent the most powerful agency in the county.! Or did he Mis-speak like hillary?:wave:


I know Chapman is back with the PD, what i meant was him coming back to the SO if Mike was to win. Second like I state in several postings on here. Maybe you should research a bit better my dear, accreditation is NOT mandated by the state. If Accreditation is so easy how come the SO or the majority of the agenceies around here are not in the process? :idontno:
 
________________



he does lead you to believe the ideas were his. The accreditation website is very clear. its all there to see. Thanks
Maybe you should research a bit better my dear, accreditation is NOT mandated by the state. If Accreditation is so easy how come the SO or the majority of the agenceies around here are not in the process? :idontno:
 
You claim to have done your homework? First of all Chapman IS back! But more importantly what about the misleading statement mike makes on his website telling people HE has brought about certain changes. The Florida Accreditation Commission mandates an average of up to 270 minimum standards that must be met to achieve accreditation for a police department. The standards required are handed to you in a booklet. Mike claims most of the improvements in the PD are his ideas. Thats wrong and very misleading. They are mandates made by the accreditation commission and not mikes ideas. And by the way, before he claims credit for getting the pd on the road to accreditation, it was mandated by the state of florida a few years back. its in florida statues if you care to do more homework. AND mike touts the title accreditation manager. Woo hoo! Its a two day course. Thats right 16 big hours. AND I can find no record of mike ever having managed a complete accreditation process. The average is two years! So he will leave that unfinished as well if elected. So please verify all that is here. Then tell me you still trust this man to tell you the truth and represent the most powerful agency in the county.! Or did he Mis-speak like hillary?:wave:

By the way, what Florida Staute is that please, and if so, isnt our S.O in violation of it ????
 
your questions answered

Thank you for advising me of your opinion of the people who post on a national forum. Its very enlightening as to who you are and what you think of others that dont agree with you. Looking back to past posts here on SoWal I see you avoided the language and personal attacks. Perhaps when you return to that forum you will display the same decorum as here.


In 1993, Florida Statute directed (this is a mandate) that the Florida Sheriffs Association and the Florida Police Chiefs Association create a voluntary law enforcement accreditation program. A compliance date was set for 2010 to comply with the commission and achieve accreditation.
This was partly a result of the confusion and lack of communication and standards of operating procedure between agencies within the state after ther 911 attacks.


As a result representatives from these Associations developed a process for accreditation which required compliance with more than 250 professional standards designed specifically for Florida law enforcement agencies. The Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation, Inc. was formed. The Commission meets quarterly to oversee the accreditation program and to officially accredit agencies that have passed the rigorous review process. It then reports as mandated directly to the state legislature and its president. I believe the deadline for all agencies to participate was 2010.

You ask why arent the surrounding agencies Accredited. Well, let me enlighten you ready? Here we go,

Tallahassee PD
Florida department of Acloholic Beverages and Tobacco
Fla. Dept. of Agriculture
Fla. Dept. of Transportation
Florida Highway patrol
Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement
Panama City PD
Bay County S.O.
Northport P.D.
Gulfport P.D.
Gulf Breeze P.D.
Fort Walton Beach P.D.
Santa Rosa S.O.

These are ALREADY accredited in the surrounding areas. Feeling enlightened? You ask why Walton County is not yet accredited? Its because of the massive mandate the accreditation commission places on accountability. The process includes up to two-hundred seventy different standards that must be achieved in order to be considered for the accreditation. And this sheriff will not be told what to do! The accreditation process requires an exremely in depth review of every aspect of the agencies organization, management, operations and administration. So, maybe you should ask ralph and not others why the sheriff department is not accredited after eight years of his management. It was also suggested that you visit the florida accreditation website. That would have answered any questions you could have had on accreditation. But you apparently found it much easier to call someone a liar and make personal attacks than to make any efforts to verify anything. These are the facts. These are the answers to your questions. The only ones that remain unanswered are the ones you have avoided. In doing so, you have in a way, answered them.
I encourage all others to visit the accreditation website to verify and validate. Visit www.flaccreditation.org.
Visit all the candidates websites. Ask questions and demand answers from each of them. See for yourselves who are the ones making false misleading claims and who are genuinely interested in providing the leadership so badly needed here in our sheriff office. I only hope the choice is not made based on your standards alone.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for advising me of your opinion of the people who post on a national forum. Its very enlightening as to who you are and what you think of others that dont agree with you. Looking back to past posts here on SoWal I see you avoided the language and personal attacks. Perhaps when you return to that forum you will display the same decorum as here.


In 1993, Florida Statute directed (this is a mandate) that the Florida Sheriffs Association and the Florida Police Chiefs Association create a voluntary law enforcement accreditation program.
This was partly a result of the confusion and lack of communication and standards of operating procedure between agencies within the state after ther 911 attacks.


As a result representatives from these Associations developed a process for accreditation which required compliance with more than 250 professional standards designed specifically for Florida law enforcement agencies. The Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation, Inc. was formed. The Commission meets quarterly to oversee the accreditation program and to officially accredit agencies that have passed the rigorous review process. It then reports as mandated directly to the state legislature and its president. I believe the deadline for all agencies to participate was 2010.

You ask why arent the surrounding agencies Accredited. Well, let me enlighten you ready? Here we go,

Tallahassee PD
Florida department of Acloholic Beverages and Tobacco
Fla. Dept. of Agriculture
Fla. Dept. of Transportation
Florida Highway patrol
Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement
Panama City PD
Bay County S.O.
Northport P.D.
Gulfport P.D.
Gulf Breeze P.D.
Fort Walton Beach P.D.
Santa Rosa S.O.

These are ALREADY accredited in the surrounding areas. Feeling enlightened? You ask why Walton County is not yet accredited? Its because of the massive mandate the accreditation commission places on accountability. The process includes up to two-hundred seventy different standards that must be achieved in order to be considered for the accreditation. And this sheriff will not be told what to do! The accreditation process requires an exremely in depth review of every aspect of the agencies organization, management, operations and administration. So, maybe you should ask ralph and not others why the sheriff department is not accredited after eight years of his management. It was also suggested that you visit the florida accreditation website. That would have answered any questions you could have had on accreditation. But you apparently found it much easier to call someone a liar and make personal attacks than to make any efforts to verify anything. These are the facts. These are the answers to your questions. The only ones that remain unanswered are the ones you have avoided. In doing so, you have in a way, answered them.
I encourage all others to visit the accreditation website to verify and validate. Visit www.flaccreditation.org.
Visit all the candidates websites. Ask questions and demand answers from each of them. See for yourselves who are the ones making false misleading claims and who are genuinely interested in providing the leadership so badly needed here in our sheriff office. I only hope the choice is not made based on your standards alone.
While I agree with your general premise, I believe that 9/11 occurred in 2001, not 1993, so accreditation could not be a response to that event if the dates are accurate. Also, I believe that Okaloosa Co. SO and Okaloosa Co Jail are accredited and the Walton County Jail is in the process as well.:clap:
 
thanks

That was the point for the 2010 end date of expecting the agencies to complete the process and comply. I mentioned that in the third paragraph of my reply. Sorry ofr not being more clear. They thought it was enough time to get the work done. And I think I also forgot to mention that it takes an average of two years to complete as well. Sorry for the confusion. It was on the note pad, just got overlooked among the scratch and notes. I did not proof read the reply either so its my error totally. I was in a rush having just returned from a trip not 30 minutes before posting. I need to be more careful.
As far as other agencies being accredited you may be correct. I just referred to the info on the accreditation website. Great for the county jail too, thanks for the info! I read where its being run more efficiently under the management of glidewll and sunday. it just shows us that it could have been done better for a longer period of time. Im glad glidewell has found his niche'. Im looking forward to the sheriff office getting accreditation some day too. thanks again
 
Last edited:
Gansta'

Ok so this is my first post, and I;m telling you that I?m sick of hearing from those complaining about deputies of Walton county. Let me be the first to say that I am a deputy of Walton county, and have been for some time. The first thing I would like to ask is' why is my job on the line because of Ralph?s f### up. I was just told that some of use are possible going to be let go do to his f -up. You want to know the truth, the truth is that Walton S.O can?t keep no one because there is no comrodery (unsure of the spelling) he lies to his deputies and bullies them into voting for him. You people have no idea of this man. He has had his caps, lie for him to save his azz . The only way you can make rank is to be part of the good ole boy club. There is no comrodery, no leadership in this department, and those who stand against him have no voice. You want to know the truth, im not afraid of him, and there are those of use who stand against him. You want this county fixed. Vote MIKE ADKINSON, I?m not going to stay her with the sheriff?s office much longer do to the fake that I must go back nito the military to take care of my family. But I will say mike may be our saving grace. I hope you people hear me and do the right thing for our county. :idontno:

You tell 'em G.

If this post is real, not a hoax, it is a perfect example of the training that is needed. Can you imagine how a police report would look if deputies actually write like this? It is no wonder citizens are upset. What about the foul language (Yes, I know, its "bleeped") but it is the point that one has to use vulgar language on a public forum (while TRYING to endorse a candidate) that is upsetting. The context above sounds like it came from a ganster not an officer, so I question its validity.

I do like you name however...;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top