• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Another Grayt meal at Stinky's

New posts

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Hubby and I took my folks and brother to Stinky's for dinner tonight. Yummo!!

Started with crawfish hushpuppies and bean butter with bread. I had my usual crawfish pie, hubby had shrimp basket, mom had seafood platter, dad had swordfish special with lump crabmeat, bro had Stinky's stew and a side of macncheese. This was another crazy good meal. Robert was our waiter, very good service. There was a table of drunk middle agers (I note this since young folks are always getting a bad wrap!) that were loud and charm free but otherwise we really liked the new location and had a great time.

tomorrow we're introducing them to the Red Bar, it's fun to have new folks to show around 30A, we roadtripped almost the entire length today while waiting on the rain to go away!
 
Hubby and I took my folks and brother to Stinky's for dinner tonight. Yummo!!

Started with crawfish hushpuppies and bean butter with bread. I had my usual crawfish pie, hubby had shrimp basket, mom had seafood platter, dad had swordfish special with lump crabmeat, bro had Stinky's stew and a side of macncheese. This was another crazy good meal. Robert was our waiter, very good service. There was a table of drunk middle agers (I note this since young folks are always getting a bad wrap!) that were loud and charm free but otherwise we really liked the new location and had a great time.

tomorrow we're introducing them to the Red Bar, it's fun to have new folks to show around 30A, we roadtripped almost the entire length today while waiting on the rain to go away!

i know alot of people love stinky's - you can tell from their parking lot! but we were disappointed when they first opened because they were supposed to be a reasonably priced restaurant for the locals. when we were there, their burger baskets were $15! that's not reasonable to me. i guess we are less enthused because we also do not care for cajun food. but we wish them much success as they obviously have a great following!
 
We like Stinky's baskets and the Great Big Salad with seafood. The salad has fresh corn cut off the cob in it -- a nice touch. We always go there when we're in town even though it's a relatively long drive from Seagrove.
 
i know alot of people love stinky's - you can tell from their parking lot! but we were disappointed when they first opened because they were supposed to be a reasonably priced restaurant for the locals. when we were there, their burger baskets were $15! that's not reasonable to me. i guess we are less enthused because we also do not care for cajun food. but we wish them much success as they obviously have a great following!

For me -- I love Stinky's as a fish house . . . I know they do other things and do many of them well; however, I think Fish is what they do best. I love Stinky's fresh fish chalk board and love to have mine either broiled or grilled (can't recall which -- but not blackened or fried). Sometimes their special is with rice, etc. but I always choose the fresh veggie stir fry. When you order their fish this way, the dish does not seem so "cajun". I have always found that the fish is fabulous, fresh, and cooked perfectly. The veggies taste really fresh and are well seasoned. Another favorite of mine is Stinky's Stew with pressed crab Po'boy! :wub:
 
never been there but every night i drive by the parking lot its a zoo so they're doing something right.
 
never been there but every night i drive by the parking lot its a zoo so they're doing something right.

100 seat restaurant + 50 seat restaurant + 20 car parking lot = zoo.
 
100 seat restaurant + 50 seat restaurant + 20 car parking lot = zoo.

Often -- it seems that there are a lot of people standing outside waiting for a seat -- an indication that people are willing to wait for Stinky's good food. By the way, doesn't Stinky's offer complimentary valet parking? I think I have seen a sign stating such?
 
Last edited:
Often -- it seems that there are a lot of people standing outside waiting for a seat -- an indication that people are willing to wait for Stinky's good food. By the way, doesn't Stinky's offer complimentary valet parking? I think I have seen a sign stating such?


I thought all valet parking was complimentary, but who doesn't tip the guy?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top