• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

ANOTHER rave for D&K

New posts

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
I wasn't sure we would get to eat at D&K's- everyone is a little skittish but oh, my- I am SO glad we did. What an absolute treat. We stopped by yesterday while at the Red Bar just to see the place. Chris (waiter and manager par excellence) popped his head out of an upstairs window and said"you should have eaten here!" I was disappointed that Kathy and Doug were at the hospital for his surgery but were so glad to hear about the success today.

OK- so we were there about 7PM today for dinner and can only rant and rave (in a good way) about service, food, atmosphere- what a fabulous, happy, FILLING time. Ordered two apps- got three! Chris was charming and so helpful and professional. The two (!) bottles of white wine were terrific and the dinners were just amazing.

We met Jamie- so nice and welcoming. Good luck to Kathy and Doug- our prayers and thoughts are with you. Thanks for the joyous and happy experience.

:D :biggrin: :D
 
:clap: ...this will be more good medicine for them!!! Glad you had such a great time!
 
Well, that's ONE happy ending!!:clap:
 
Now that I am down here- I MUST stop in! So close to home! What's the best thing in your opinion?
 
Last edited:
:clap: :clap: Poodleone! I love the atmosphere at D&K's! I feel like I am truly in a restaurant in the big easy...Kat & Doug have big hearts
 
You really have to try both dinner and lunch. The atmosphere is different for each one. You really can't miss having dinner there and you have to go for lunch for the grouper sandwich.
 
I wasn't sure we would get to eat at D&K's- everyone is a little skittish but oh, my- I am SO glad we did. What an absolute treat. We stopped by yesterday while at the Red Bar just to see the place. Chris (waiter and manager par excellence) popped his head out of an upstairs window and said"you should have eaten here!" I was disappointed that Kathy and Doug were at the hospital for his surgery but were so glad to hear about the success today.

OK- so we were there about 7PM today for dinner and can only rant and rave (in a good way) about service, food, atmosphere- what a fabulous, happy, FILLING time. Ordered two apps- got three! Chris was charming and so helpful and professional. The two (!) bottles of white wine were terrific and the dinners were just amazing.

We met Jamie- so nice and welcoming. Good luck to Kathy and Doug- our prayers and thoughts are with you. Thanks for the joyous and happy experience.

:D :biggrin: :D

:welcome: To D&K's Thank You Thank You Poodleone....see we're not too scary!:floor: Just kidding....got to love that Chris! He's not only easy on the eye, but a grayt person too! I love it that he popped his head out and said, You should have eaten here! That's loyalty!!!

He was so excited that you mentioned his name in your post. That makes me soooooooooo happy. I think we have the best staff anywhere...of course I'm prejudiced. But they deserve any and every bit of recognition they receive. D&K"S would not be the same without them!!!!

And Jamie, well he's the "&" between the D and the K. He is always there or running around getting things that make lunch and dinner run smoothly. He can do it all! He never gets enough recognition, but he likes the shadows. :ninja:

I hate to have missed you, but my wifely duty called. I miss seeing my SoWal peeps, especially the ones that are from out of town.:( But we'll be back soon. I've been reading all your posts to Doug and he smiles every time....it really lifts him up!

Again thank you for dining with us!
:wave: Kat and Doug
 
:clap: ...this will be more good medicine for them!!! Glad you had such a great time!

Well, that's ONE happy ending!!:clap:

Now that I am down here- I MUST stop in! So close to home! What's the best thing in your opinion?

Dinner, and lunch isn't shabby;-)

:clap: :clap: Poodleone! I love the atmosphere at D&K's! I feel like I am truly in a restaurant in the big easy...Kat & Doug have big hearts

You really have to try both dinner and lunch. The atmosphere is different for each one. You really can't miss having dinner there and you have to go for lunch for the grouper sandwich.

:wub: :wave: I love you SoWallers!!!!:clap:​
 
Kat, how is Doug doing today? Please tell him I hope he feels better real soon!!!!! :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top