• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Another sad accident in SoWal

New posts
steele mama said:
Thank you for the details JC. Even sadder to read it all!
My heart is broken over this tragic loss of one of the most beautiful girls I have ever known. Such an incredible spirit and soul! When I remember her, it will always be, seeing her dancing!
 
Sad, sad, sad. I can't imagine what the family is going through. My heart goes out to the family.
 
Nancy L said:
My heart is broken over this tragic loss of one of the most beautiful girls I have ever known. Such an incredible spirit and soul! When I remember her, it will always be, seeing her dancing!
thank you for posting Nancy L.......:( It is always a sad thing when a young life is taken, I am gald you have good memories
 
So Sorry Steele Mama :( Her and her family will be in our prayers.
 
At the request of the Murphy family, in lieu of flowers, they would like donations made in the form of a check to Sandy Graff with a memo to the Brianna Murphy Memorial Fund. Sandy is a teacher with Pat at SWHS and is familiar with Brianna's love of all things equestrian. The funds will be distributed toward the 'Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program for Children' with special needs, and Sandy is well-qualified to distribute these funds. If you are mailing a check, Sandy's address is:

Sandy Graff
500 Creekwood Kennel Lane
Freeport, FL 32439

Thank you.
 
As if this horrific tragedy, isn't bad enough! I know of a young man, that just recently proclaimed is feelings, to Brianna! From what I understand, he kept them to himself, for a long time. He's suffering so much, too! My prayers, are with all! :(
JC said:
We are so saddened to notify you of the tragic death of beautiful, young, sweet Brianna Murphy, the 23-year old daughter of Bob and Pat Murphy (past president of this Neighborhood Association). Brianna and Pat were on their way back to Tallahassee on Monday morning to have Brianna finish her last classes prior to graduation this August from FSU when tragedy struck. The truck they were driving experienced a blown tire and control of the vehicle was lost. The truck reportedly rolled several times into the median strip on I-10 near Chipley, Florida. Pat was taken to the Chipley Hospital and Brianna was life-flighted to Dothan. Bob and Matt, their 20 year-old son, who attends Fordham University in New York, arrived in Dothan later that day. Pat was released from the hospital in Chipley to be with the family in Dothan on Tuesday. Brianna was pronounced dead Tuesday afternoon having suffered serious brain injuries. Pat has at least four broken ribs and is unable to walk at this time.

Visitation at the Clary-Glenn Funeral Home (150 Hwy 20 E, 850-835-2511) in Freeport is scheduled for 6-8PM on Thursday and Friday evenings July 6th and 7th. The Funeral service will be held at St. Rita's Catholic Church (Father Tom, 137 Moll Dr., Santa Rosa Beach, 850-267-2558) on Saturday July 8th at 11 am.

Requests have been made for housing for family and friends coming to the Grayton area to attend services and be with the Murphys. If you have accommodations, please contact Russell and Hariett Gentry at 231-5386 to coordinate. Melissa Breaux is handling food requests and she can be reached at 231-1629.

The Murphy family will be arriving in Grayton on Wednesday afternoon, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.
 
I am so sorry to learn of this news. My daughter was good friends with Brianna and she tells me she was a wonderful person. She will be greatly missed.
 
Diane4145 said:
As if this horrific tragedy, isn't bad enough! I know of a young man, that just recently proclaimed is feelings, to Brianna! From what I understand, he kept them to himself, for a long time. He's suffering so much, too! My prayers, are with all! :(
:(
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top