• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Any lake outlets open?

New posts
I know that Western Lake is closed. Apparently had some heavy waves push the Sargassum Grass out of the water and onto shore the last day or two and created a nice lip of sand, blocking the outflow/inflow, which is only about 30 ft from the Gulf as of this afternoon.
 
As of late Tuesday afternoon, Draper Lake was closed off with a pretty significant sand buffer. I would guess it was about 30-40ft from gulf.
 
Eastern Lake has been closed for quite some time. It doesn't look a threat to open again anytime soon, either.

Have a look at Deer Lake or Camp Creek. For some reason their little winding outlets seem to stay open more than the big outlets of Eastern, Western, etc. I haven't personally been there recently, maybe someone else can tell about them.
 
Last edited:
Eastern Lake has been closed for quite some time. It doesn't look a threat to open again anytime soon, either.

Have a look at Deer Lake or Camp Creek. For some reason their little winding outlets seem to stay open more than the big outlets of Eastern, Western, etc. I haven't personally been there recently, maybe someone else can tell about them.

That would be the lack of development around them. ;-)
 
Until we get some much needed rain they will probably remain closed.
 
Stallworth and Draper are closed. I can't even see the water in Stallworth from the beach it has retreated so far.
 
Stallworth and Draper are closed. I can't even see the water in Stallworth from the beach it has retreated so far.

Yep, that dock that runs along 30A is finally usable again. Of course it probably requires thing people to use otherwise it's going under again. :lol:
 
Shouldn't be any changes. It hasn't rained but maybe a 1/4 inch here in about a month.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top