• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Any lake outlets open?

New posts
Gonna take some serious rain to get them open, probably something along the lines of a tropical storm or hurricane. I prefer the former if that's what it takes.
 
After a couple of good rains, Eastern Lake should open up. It opened a number of times this year all by itself. Doing much better since the County quit digging it out. The huge sand piles the County did have finally worked themselves down. That's one good thing with the budget being down, not so much money to mess digging on the lake.
 
Eastern Lake has been closed for quite some time. It doesn't look a threat to open again anytime soon, either.

Have a look at Deer Lake or Camp Creek. For some reason their little winding outlets seem to stay open more than the big outlets of Eastern, Western, etc. I haven't personally been there recently, maybe someone else can tell about them.

Does Eastern Lake still have all of the marsh grass growing in it? The last time I kyacked there, the grass kept getting hung up on the paddle.
 
I think Camp Creek Lake must be open... I haven't been down to the outlet in a while, but the water level in the lake has gone down at least a foot this week...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top