Mermaid said:Thanks Beach Runner. I can't wait for my husband to take me up and fly over the coastline! (And if we ever go broke on the beach, he can always hire himself out to pull those "EAT AT JOE'S" banners.)
Mermaid said:Thanks Beach Runner. I can't wait for my husband to take me up and fly over the coastline! (And if we ever go broke on the beach, he can always hire himself out to pull those "EAT AT JOE'S" banners.)
luvthebeach said:Be prepared...we flew over the beach from Panama City to Fort Walton in a Beech Musketeer a few years ago and were amazed at how many sharks we saw, seemingly so close to the swimmers![]()
It's definitely a great way to get an awesome view of SoWal.![]()
Have fun!!
But shark sightings might do the trick.
Mermaid said:SHARKS? Well, that should keep me awake. I hate to say but most of the times we go flying I fall asleep in five minutes flat. My husand gets so insulted! When you think of it, though, the drone of the engine, the sun beaming down on you a thousand or so feet closer than it usually does...it's a natural thing to doze off!But shark sightings might do the trick.
Cil, my daughter wants to learn how to fly, too, but like your son, she's still working on getting her driver's license. I actually think she might be a better pilot than a driver, so I'm encouraging her. This was a scene from yesterday's driving episode:
Daughter: At the wheel, at a red light, wanting to turn Left. Saying "...can I make a left turn on red?"
Mother: In passenger seat, trying not to have heart attack. Saying "...don't move! don't move!"
Daughter: Nonplussed. Saying "...don't worry Mama, I was only thinking out loud."
If this is what she's thinking when she's thinking out loud, what is she thinking when I can't hear her???????
I'm thinking she might be safer in the wide blue skies where there are no traffic lights, that's what I'm thinking.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sueshore said:I am laughing at the memories you have stirred...my daughter was such a drama queen (gets it from me) when learning to drive...."Can I turn?, What do I do?",etc. The best was at first how she hugged the curb in the right lane and kept scraping my tires...it's also thrilling to be in the passenger seat at the time this is happening!!! Best was learning how to back up, parallel park and park in a parking spot. I could not explain to her how to back up!!! We had to change seats so I could help her! Fun times!
