• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Any Private Pilots Out There?

New posts
Rita! Of course you have to hire an instructor! But what they don't tell you is that you have to drive with your kid hundreds of hours before you let them get their license! And then there's all the dents they put in your car while they're fresh drivers. :eek:

Dents run in our family, though, so we take it all in stride. My husband crashed a plane when he learning how to fly. And then the owner traumatized the poor guy even further by suing him over it! :nono1:
 
Rita said:
These are funny stories! :lol:

Guess I won't be laughing in a couple years though! We'll have to hire an instructor or my daughter & I would :whack:


Mermaid's right....it's another thing they don't tell you before you get pregnant!!!!
 
Mermaid said:
Rita! Of course you have to hire an instructor! But what they don't tell you is that you have to drive with your kid hundreds of hours before you let them get their license! And then there's all the dents they put in your car while they're fresh drivers. :eek:

Dents run in our family, though, so we take it all in stride. My husband crashed a plane when he learning how to fly. And then the owner traumatized the poor guy even further by suing him over it! :nono1:

Holy cow. Bad enough to crash a car, having a crashed plane is stress I don't need. Mermaid, has your daughter had any flying lessons? I went up for the first lesson and basically left my stomach back at the airport. I am glad I stayed on the ground the time they practiced stalls.

And yes, there are plenty of hours of driving with the kids whether or not they have instructors. There must be a special place in heaven for driving instructors, I don't know how they do it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top