• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Anyone else finding guns left behind by renters?

New posts

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Twice now renters have left their gun behind for the next family's kid to discover. Luckily it hasn't come to that yet. The first was a BB gun pistol stashed under the matress, which we discovered while cleaning, and I quickly unloaded throughout the neighborhood :blush: The second gun was real and luckily the renter realized he had left it behind, called and asked if he could return to pick it up.

Do people really need their guns at the beach? They look a little silly packed in a speedo!
 
Yes, the rental company I used to work for has had a gun in the safe at their Destin location for years. A renter left it and has never returned to claim it. He asked to have it mailed to him, but that didn't work our since it's illegal.
 
No guns, but have found rather other interesting things left behind. :biggrin:
 
The guns aren't that bad, but it's a pain in the ass getting rid of the grenade launchers and IED's. :floor::floor::floor:
 
WOW! I thought I had heard it all but this is a new one. As a parent of young ones this makes me sick. :eek:
 
Y'all should see some of the other stuff I've been privy to......hardly appropriate for my eyes, much less small children! :blink:
 
Y'all should see some of the other stuff I've been privy to......hardly appropriate for my eyes, much less small children! :blink:

But is any of it a danger, like a gun?

Years ago, I started checking the vacation house when we walked in, before the kids were all over it, since one year I found multiple half full bottles of booze in the teen bunk room. I think I would have passed out if I had found a gun.
 
But is any of it a danger, like a gun?

Years ago, I started checking the vacation house when we walked in, before the kids were all over it, since one year I found multiple half full bottles of booze in the teen bunk room. I think I would have passed out if I had found a gun.

Bad enough, jdarg! Bad enough. :blink: A different kind of danger for small children.
 
We've found some bizarre items before. Bailey, found a rib bone under one of our beds once. But never a gun! I agree, why would some one pack heat on vacay? :shock:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top